Fly-In Clothing

DocRon

Now that I have a CTLS I want to parade it a bit. Can't do that all the time, unless you WEAR it. Unfortunately, I can't find any CT-oriented shirts, caps, or nametags. So, I made my own. In the two attached files you will find my personalized aircraft design and nametag design.

I just found an image I thought would work well with my software and ability to insert my callsign. I bought some good t-shirts (Lands End is the best to me) and took them to a local printer with the file on a zip drive. It turns out very well and for a rather modest fee. I also had them make up nametags with magnetic clips for airshows and fly-ins. People really notice and want to hear about your plane.

If either of these designs interest any of you just send me your callsign and what you'd want on a nametag and I'll make it for you. I've found both CTLS and CTSW images. The CTSW images come with three different paint schemes (shown below). Either post it here or e-mail it to me at ron@loretel.net. I'll need your e-mail address to return the files. No charge for any of this, just want to help other owners.

(NO I didn't get permission, and YES, I'll stop if they ask me.:)

post-408-0-83795800-1328911816_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-98659200-1328911831_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-16783700-1329172414_thumb.jpg

I had been playing with adobe photoshop and im going to make a shirt with this design on the back, not finished but its coming along!omoon.jpgfull-moon-1copy.jpg

Hey!! Kudos on your designs! They look really good. I've never been able to master Photoshop (for some reason).

If there is no market, we'll make our own!

Very cool stuff Ron... My graphic designer at my company made me a logo to use on shirts, caps, coffee mugs and banners. I made a large banner for my hangar that I bought on ebay for about $50. A great place to go get things made is www.zazzle.com while a little pricey, you can make tons of stuff in small quantities that will ship very quickly! I now have mugs, shirts, hats, logos etc. On an unrelated note, FDUSA will never complain about a positive use of their imagery. Best to you... Adam N764AC

post-124-0-28732200-1329063385_thumb.png

post-124-0-34860300-1329063409_thumb.jpg

Hi Adam,

Terrific thumbnail images. Do you have a version without the "Coffey Aviation" on it and would you allow us to use it on shirts? It is really great image. And, I agree that FDUSA shouldn't complain about our use of their imagery...until they start selling stuff themselves.

Now that I have a CTLS I want to parade it a bit. Can't do that all the time, unless you WEAR it. Unfortunately, I can't find any CT-oriented shirts, caps, or nametags. So, I made my own. In the two attached files you will find my personalized aircraft design and nametag design.

I just found an image I thought would work well with my software and ability to insert my callsign. I bought some good t-shirts (Lands End is the best to me) and took them to a local printer with the file on a zip drive. It turns out very well and for a rather modest fee. I also had them make up nametags with magnetic clips for airshows and fly-ins. People really notice and want to hear about your plane.

If either of these designs interest any of you just send me your callsign and what you'd want on a nametag and I'll make it for you. I've found both CTLS and CTSW images. The CTSW images come with three different paint schemes. Either post it here or e-mail it to me at ron@loretel.net. I'll need your e-mail address to return the files. No charge for any of this, just want to help other owners.

• 3 weeks later...

Ron, Sorry for delay, I just saw the followup question. I'll ask my Graphics guy to delete the Coffey Aviation and I'll post up a version with no name. He made me several "runner ups" I'll get some of those posted as well. Check back in a few days! Best Adam.

• 1 month later...

Ron,

Could you do N530CT with the middle(swoop) paint scheme?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Haven't been on for a few days, sorry to keep you waiting. How does this look? Also, check out Adam's artwork; it's terrific. Here's the one I did for myself (with your callsign.)

post-408-0-31737100-1335643012_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-80053400-1335643152_thumb.jpg

Ron, What a great idea. It really would be nice if we all wore something similar with the Flight Design theme at Oshkosh this year. I'm sure many of us would like to put a face with the name. I will e-mail you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary, Been away for a few days, hope I haven't kept you waiting. Without your e-mail I'll just post the design on the website. If you want the other design let me know what paint style you have. Ron

post-408-0-88708700-1335643378_thumb.jpg

Hi Gary, Been away for a few days, hope I haven't kept you waiting. Without your e-mail I'll just post the design on the website. If you want the other design let me know what paint style you have. Ron

Hi Ron.

I just came from print shop not 10 minutes ago inquiring about the same design. What great timing?

By the way my e-maill is gary@moore-ins.net

Thank you,

Hi Ron.

I just came from print shop not 10 minutes ago inquiring about the same design. What great timing?

By the way my e-maill is gary@moore-ins.net

Thank you,

Gary,

Hope the print shop you visited can do the job. Mine printed the file onto an iron-on decal. We decided that about 9 1/2 inches wide was just about perfect. Good luck!

Ron

Gary,

Hope the print shop you visited can do the job. Mine printed the file onto an iron-on decal. We decided that about 9 1/2 inches wide was just about perfect. Good luck!

Ron

Hi Ron,

Can you sen this to me and my print shop as i can not seem to get it off of here. I am at gary@moore-ins.net and the print shop is macportland@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi Ron.

Disregard my last request as I finally got it from the computer to the print shop. He is going to do two shirts for $16.00 each with no set up charge.

If anyone else wants some with their tail numbers he can be reached at macportland@gmail.com

Thanks for the great design and I hope to see you at Oshkosh.

Hi Ron.

Disregard my last request as I finally got it from the computer to the print shop. He is going to do two shirts for $16.00 each with no set up charge.

If anyone else wants some with their tail numbers he can be reached at macportland@gmail.com

Thanks for the great design and I hope to see you at Oshkosh.

It's nice that you can just e-mail this person the design. It costs me about eight dollars in gas to get to mine, then eight more to go get the finished product! And Yes, I hope we see several of these at Oshkosh.

Ron

• 3 months later...

If either of these designs interest any of you just send me your callsign and what you'd want on a nametag and I'll make it for you. I've found both CTLS and CTSW images. The CTSW images come with three different paint schemes (shown below). Either post it here or e-mail it to me at ron@loretel.net. I'll need your e-mail address to return the files. No charge for any of this, just want to help other owners.

I would be interested in a shirt (XL) but no name tag. My CTLS is N549LS.

Do you have a picture or sketch of where the logo is on the shirt? What colors are available, etc?

danmayworm@comcast.net

I would be interested in a shirt (XL) but no name tag. My CTLS is N549LS.

Do you have a picture or sketch of where the logo is on the shirt? What colors are available, etc?

danmayworm@comcast.net

Hi Dan,

Here's the file with your call sign. Just copy this onto a zip drive and take it to your favorite t-shirt shop. They can make the transfer and iron it onto the shirt of your choice. I found that a size of about 9 1/2 inches, wingtip-to-wingtip, is about right. I have a couple of white ones but it really looks great on black or maroon. Good luck!!

post-408-0-22600000-1345140389_thumb.jpg

Archived