Baja Trip spot track

CT4ME

We'll be heading out for the Baja Whales trip Thurs morning... 3/8/2012. Leaving Phoenix around 6:30am in order to hookup with another flyer, in Marana KAVQ, for the trip down. Here's our SPOT track link

Thurs a.m. will be the flight down to Loreto, about 2/3 the way down the Baja (about 500nm). We'll be crossing the Gulf, so if the SPOT track stops in the middle, I'd appreciate a call to the authorities! :unsure:

Friday or Saturday, there will be a 105nm flight to the Pacific Coast for whale petting. Monday, we'll be heading back, over the Gulf, direct from MMLT to KTUS.

Weax looks perfect... Blue skies, 80, and light winds!

Tim & Lynell

Yup. Long and wide... Needed it for 22 kt + gusts crosswind landing. Even the big heavy planes were complaining. Wind has died down now, exploring Loreto today, whales trip to Pacific side tomorrow morn... SPOT will be on...

Whales trip 2012 is over... OMG, what fun! :D Back from Loreto... 525 nm today, plus coastline zigzag. Some tailwind, but mostly 120kts. Flew most of the coast at 1000 ft... 6500 for Gulf crossing. Pics/vids to come... 12.9 hours flying

54 aircraft... no "incidents"...

islanddaytrip.jpg

Not my video, but someone there at same time... 26-ton mom and baby

Tim & Lynell

Archived