TruTrak is "searching" HELP!

My TruTrak is installed and the altitude hold works fine. But when I put her on a track or GPS then she takes my CTSW all ovder the sky.

I am told that it is "searching" and that I can fix that. For example, if I am going to 010 then TruTrak will go to 010 and then shoot past it to 013 and then back to 010 and go past it to 05 and back and forth forever.

Even though it may be an easy fix in set up, I am not a tech person (disability lawyer-retired).

Any solution to this "searching?"

Some thoughts:

Read the manual or better yet, go online and read the direction for setting up the TruTrak. They are excellent and pretty easy to follow

The manual also tells you how to access the current settings on your TT

Access the settings on your TT and record these.

Take a friend up to fly your CT while you mess with the settings or you fly while a friend tweaks the settings.

If you cannot solve your concern after reading the manual and tweaking, call TruTrak and speak to one of the tech's. They are patient and very helpfull

and they will get you headed in the right direction to solve the searching concern. They will want to know where your settings are presently (this is why you recorded them)

One last thought. If you are not headed in the general direction to where your GPS is set for before turning on the TT, the TT will do a lot of turning and overshooting until it finally gets the plane on the track your GPS is set to. Best way to do things is to first get the plane headed pretty close to the track that is set in the GPS, then turn on the TT.

Hi Roger. I've supplied my settings here as others have and have no problem doing this and trying to help USSYORKTOWN (Daniel). I also have answered his email to me where I asked Daniel to send me a note if he has more questions. The best way though, is to converse here on the Forum, so we all can help and learn. Typical with my normal mode of doing things, I used a haphazard approach to get my TT correctly set up and then after doing this, I read the manual. It would have been far better if I'd have read the manual first because it's very specific and was published by TT to help the new owner set up the unit. If Daniel can record his current settings (easy to do) and then try some of the simpler recommendations from the manual, he'll have a much better chance of quickly getting his TT running correctly. If he finds that he still cannot get it working right, come on back to the Forum and maybe someone will have a suggestion. Lord knows we are not a shy group and someone (well, some of more than others ) will put in their two cents. If not, the best thing would be for him to give TT a call. Daniel will be hitting the ground running and really assist the TT tech by having done a few of the basics first.

• 1 month later...

Better late than never. My apologies for being late to the party here.

The CT uses a torque enhancer on the roll servo, this requires more lateral activity than a standard servo. You'll probably end up closer to 8 on that setting rather than 2 or 3. Too low will cause it to wander around. Too high and it'll seem like it's had way too much caffeine. :) Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived