fluctuating amp guage

J L M

Seems like I read about this before but when I searched I couldn't find it. My CTSW's amp meter bounces around from a -4 up to +4 or 5.

what causes this and what should it be reading? The volts stay pretty close to 13.2 . tks for any response

This jumping around is fairly normal in many applications with an amp meter. Do not worry about it and your numbers are normal from what I see in the field. Part of our number hopping with our Dynon readings is the way Dynon instruments sample the sensor readings and the speed at which that happens.

I recently purchased a 07 ctsw test flight when great. However the next flight I heard feed back in headsets and also noted that the dynon amp was jumping from -45 to +45 amp and all over the place.

I saw posted about checking grounds but where are all the main grounds to check?

Hi Tony,

It does sound like a grounding issue. There are 5 ground sites to tighten. Consider all grounds hand tight, but wrench loose. The grounds are in the engine compartment. On the battery side. There is one on the engine frame, under the starter silynoid, under the reg/ rectifier, tighten the negative on the battery. Last but not least there is one up high on the firewall on the same side that goes through into the instrument panel. Pull the passenger side instrument panel face off. The ground is all the way in the back. That is a culprit many times. Tighten this tight.

Archived