Trutrak autopilot

Tonym

Hi all,

I recently purchase a ctsw and it is without a autopilot. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a used ctsw autopilot fom salvage etc..

Needs to be trutrak as will never be able to install any other. After reading other post ..

Hi all,

I recently purchase a ctsw and it is without a autopilot. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a used ctsw autopilot fom salvage etc..

Needs to be trutrak as will never be able to install any other. After reading other post ..

Hello Tony,

I would suggest contacting the guy who does my maintenance work in southern Minnesota, he may be shortly acquiring a salvage plane that has what you want. His name is Kent Johnson @ Stanton Sport Aviation, Stanton, MN. 507.645.4030. His e-mail is: kentjohn@frontiernet.net.

It's a significant amount of money but you will LOVE an autopilot. Good Luck.

Ron

I had the FD pilot (Digiflight IIvs) added in the field. It took some composite work - re-inforce under the pilot seat for pitch servo.Re-iforce the tunnel for the mount of the roll servo. You need the CTSW specific 'torque enhancer' on the roll servo. They havea wire spool to a metal channel, it all just barely fits together. Get the angular alignment right. I got the kit from Stein Air.

There is another thread (search for bmccand+autopilot) that I cannot find a the moment, where I put up the prints.This was done Mass at a repair station, and we had the FDusa subcon who does composite work come up for re-inforcements.an LOA was needed and granted for the change. so, it was a bigger deal than I expected when we added what I thoughtwas a factory option. They just to more prep in the factory..The dealer added Dynon D100 is also interestiong. The magnetometer could not be put in the wing in the field, so itis under the passenger seat. Now careful to never have magnetic things under that seat. The installation lacks fans, and I'm goingto have to fix that sometime. Will involve removing blind encoder to make room, hooking Xpdr to D100. Not a big deal, buttime consuming.

Archived