7th. Annual 2013 Page, AZ Fly-In

Roger Lee

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Page fly-in has got to be one of the biggest boosters for Light Sport aviation anywhere. This even has to be one of, if not the, best demonstrations of the versatility and practicality of Light Sport aviation. Congratulations to those who have started and nurtured this event to be such a success.

Roger,

Is it possible to update the list and add the State of listed members next to the names?

That would be a quick way to possible find someone to team up with for the flight to Arizona.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Okay it's done. I'm sure there are more that haven't notified me.

Hey guys if you have made reservations for the Page fly-In and you don't see your name on the very first post above then please send me your contact info.

You other pilots if you haven't signed up then it's a good time to sign up and make those reservations.

• 4 weeks later...

Lisa and I will be flying out of Albuquerque for Page on Tuesday morning - we are doing the raft trip on Wednesday. Anyone coming in from points east and planning on coming through or near Albuquerque and that would like to join up with us that morning and fly as a group let me know. We did this last year going over and returning. Fun plus adds a good safety factor to the flight. On a related topic, I find that a lot of pilots coming from the low elevations who have not flown in the West before look at the chart, see brown (high elevation) and choose to fly the Farmington to Page route instead, as on the chart that route does not present as much of that "intimidating" brown! Actually, the direct flight from Albuquerque to Page offers more forgiving terrain if that is a concern. Yes, the elevations are higher in a couple of places but the ground underneath is a lot more forgiving over more of the route than the Farmington to Page leg offers in the event of a precautionary or forced landing having to be made. And the mountain transitions are easy and beautiful. The only time NOT to take this direct route is if winds aloft are in excess of 20 knots. But even the Farmington route is going to be a washing machine in those conditions!

• 2 weeks later...

There is, but a short time left before the fly-in and it's closing fast. When it gets closer and any of the rooms are left over we will lose them. I have had several say they were coming, but hadn't made their reservations. Then don't forget to let me know your coming.

Make your reservations soon. You can always cancel if need be up to 24 hrs. prior.

• 2 weeks later...

Please remember to sign up for this river trip. We had 32 people last year. I just got off the phone with them and a few have signed up. Make sure you tell them you are with the "CT" group. Because of a road washout the trip doesn't make it quite all the way to the end at Lee's Ferry. It get's almost to the end and they turn around a raft back up to the start. You can reserve a lunch too. Because of Glenn Canyon dam security you will not be allowed to carry any type of bag that is not clear and see through. No backpacks, purses, belly pouch, canvas carry all's. Absolutely no bags unless they are see through.

This shouldn't be an issue since you won't need anything down river anyway. If you must take something make sure it is in a clear see through bag.

A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 16th from Glen Canyon Dam then return back up river via raft.

The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. Check in time is 1015 to 1030 hrs. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and back up river to the dam. We board a bus that takes us back to Page and arrive around 1600-1630 hrs. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.

Don't be left out, people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 15th.

BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.

Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/

If you've made Page Fly-In reservations and emailed me your info, perfect.

If you have made reservations and not emailed me please do.

If you haven't made reservations yet shame on you. Don't procrastinate any longer. Come on over and join all the rest of us for the 7th fun year at Page. You never know when this fun event may be on its last year.

Fly whatever you want to fly just be there for the laughs and the absolute best scenery in the country.

Hec maybe we'll debate the merits of full stall verses a little extra speed with throttle landings? :o

No, I don't think so! :lol:

We are going to have 1-2 new CTLSi planes there so they can do a show and tell on Saturday.

I just received a confirmation list of attendees that have reservations at the Holiday Inn.

Here are a few people that were not on the list, but have contacted me and said they were coming and had reservations. You still may have a reservation, but not under the CT group to get the group rate discount or they may have lost you altogether.

You may also be doubling up in a room and under a reserved name.

If you are one of these please make sure you have a room.

Larry Jeffs (if your staying with your brother then no problem)

Jacques Gagne

Rich Provenzano (you were on the river trip list, but not the hotel)

David McGraw

If you are one of these four make sure to call the hotel and check on your reservations and if they do have you then have them move you to the CT group to get the discount. If they don't have your reservation now is the time to correct it.

Here is the Holiday Inn number: 928-645-9000

Archived