Partnership Indianapolis area

gregsc1

Hi all,

My name is Greg Scott I will hopefully soon be newly minted sport pilot. My check ride is scheduled for 3-7 if the weather cooperates. I am currently flying an Evektor Sportstar out of Greenwood, IN and renting by the hour. I would like to partner with 2 or 3 other people and share a CT. I can't afford a brand new one but would like to buy a used one for $75-85K. I have attached a spreadsheet that I got from AOPA's website with all of the numbers. With 4 people it looks like it will cost around $200-250/mo each and about $40/flight hour wet. Of course if we each paid cash for our share the monthly costs would go down considerably. There are a lot of variables that effect these numbers but this would be an average cost if the plane was financed. If this sound like something you might be interested in, please let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

Cost Calculator.xls

Greg,

I'm in Iowa and have my own plane so I'm not a candidate. I'm simply curious - what methods and means are you going to use to try to find the people for the partnership? I suspect that around here it is highly word of mouth and maybe also non-aviation relationships, such as business partners, family members and so forth. What are you finding?

Thanks Paul I need all the help I can get. I am a littler nervous but I guess that is normal.

Jim to answer your question I have not found anybody interested so far. Nobody that I know is either interested in aviation or if they are, not in light sport planes. I have had a listing on AOPA's partnership website for about 2 years. I also have placed fliers at my local airportbut I think that me being a student pilot really hurt my chances of finding partners. I can't say that I can blame anybody for not wanting to buy an airplane with a student pilot. So I made the decision to get my license and then try to find partners. Hopefully it will pay off this time. I plan on updating my listing on AOPA's website, re-posting my ads at the local airports, and placing another ad on Craigslist when I get my ticket. I have also joined a local light sport plane club that may have potential partners too. I will attend my first meeting this month. I started with this forum first because everyone here is already familiar with the plane and obviously interested as well I know my situation is not perfect but all I can do is try. I wish AOPA or EAA would start an advertising campaign and inform the public about the sport pilots license. It has been around for almost a decade and nobody outside of aviation even knows that it exist.

Greg,

I have a pretty good list of folks interested in CT aircraft and I will search for folks interested in the area I also have a way to send them individual emails on your behaf. If you can send me a message, via email. LIGHT DESIGN USA CONTACT: John Gilmore, national sales manager of Flight Design USA at 612-759-2252 (email: jgilmore@flightdesignusa.com) or Flight Design USA in Connecticut at 860-963-7272

• 4 months later...

Greg, I have what you are looking for. I am starting a flying club/partnership for 4-5 people. I have a 2006 ctsw with 367 hours...glass panel. I would like to talk about the possibilities! I am based at MQJ. call me at (317) 258-9133 ( email: c.arvin@sbcglobal.net)

Archived