BRS REPACK A&P NOW IN SOUTH TEXAS

I just had my 6 year repack done and didn't have to fly four hours to the north for it.

If you live in Houston or to the south you may want to visit Skyview Avaition. They are in Corpus Christi (KCRP) and in Ingleside, Texas (KTFP). They did a great job in a short time at a reasonable cost.

This should be great news for some of us here in the real deep south.

No one should have to fly very far to have the chute removed or installed. Any A&P or RLSM-A can remove the chute in 15-20 min. You can then send it in ans when it comes back they can install it again I 15-20 min. This is a very easy procedure. Just grab any A&P and hand him the instructions. Just grab any mechanic at your field.

Hi Roger,

What you say may be true in most areas. I have been trying to get some one to do this since January, but I only got one reply and he wanted $90.00/hr minimum 4 hours and he is an hour 30 min away. I called , text, and emailed to confirm, but no reply. A second one looked at it and decided it was too much for him to handle as he was afraid of the rocket.

I felt if I kept asking someone would step up and he did and that is why I made this post so if others in our area may benefit. Things are just different down here.

As always I appreciate your input.

Gary, As Roger said it is very easy and the printed instructions are really good. If you have had rotator cuff problems, then you might want someone to help lower the unit after you remove the 6 nuts and washers. Also put some rags over the tunnel holes so a washer does not fall into tunnel.

Proper education will cure the fear of the Rocket. So take the instructions to the Local A&P or LSRM so they can see how easy it really is.

Archived