CTSW or LS passenger footrest

Roger Lee

I'm posting this for a friend.

In the past Tom has made some footrest for the passenger side of the CTSW and LS. The cost of materials and labor were higher than he wanted. He just finished 6 more for a much lower cost of $120. There are a number of them already in the field and seem to work well. I have one myself. They slide in and out and the foot plate just stands up or lays down.

If you are interested send an email to: tomcovell@gmail.com

I have seen these devices in person and they seem to work as designed. For many, they will do a good job.

If you have longer legs, what one would like to have is the ability to push the seat back further (stopped by the bulkhead) or the ability to move the rudder pedals forward (as in many gliders) or, for the passenger, to move the rudder pedal out of the way.

If anyone has any ingenious ideas to do any of the above, I'm interested.

I see there has been some concern about the rest interfering with the pedals. There is a small amount in my plane with full right rudder (left pedal).The rest itself is not fixed and you can push through it same as you can with someone's foot on the pedal. If you want to make sure no one can interfere you can block off part of the slot. I was just trying to give the max amount of leg room that was possible.

Tom Covell

To all,

I am no expert...but, I was there at Ryan Field and I had a chance to see Tom's CT.

Tom's stuffs are all light, removable and comfort of passenger in mind.

He had removable plugs for cabin holes, custom carpet, sunroof shade and all from light materials.

One more thing I thought it was helpful for many is joystick lock for cross country trip (to stabilize elevator in windy condition)

As Roger mentioned above saying "they've been in use"....I mean, Ryan Field Is like CT heaven and CTs were every where...

Just right around Tom's hangar, I counted 7 at that time and I don't know how many more hangars at Ryan...

Just my 2 cents...

Archived