Lawsuit - Go Figure...

Admin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't agree POA is addicting. I check in there about once a day, check the new posts and most days don't open any of them. I'm looking for a topic of interest and use to me. Most are drivel. Just like AOPA forum.

Where POA and AOPA can be good is in reg discussions. Although they can get quite contentious, there are a couple of guys who are very knowledgeable. I'm not saying I think they are always right, but they have lots of knowledge of Chief Counsel opinions and such that lends weight to their arguments.

Hint: Many sport pilots won't like their conclusions, but they do seem to be in line with the FAA.

The other place those two forums can be good, especially POA, is medical questions by anyone thinking of going the FAA medical route. Bruce Chien is very experienced. You won't like everything he says, either, but he seems to be in with the boys in OK City.

There are some sport pilot types who hang around there and some Rotax fliers. You won't like everything they say, either.

I think the Cessna Pilots Association is the best online I've been involved with, but they cost good money and I no longer have a Cessna. They had many experienced, articulate people.. VansAirForce is pretty good.

I don't agree POA is addicting.

What a weird thing to argue... but... 1,200-1,500 pilots online at any given time (of 12,000+ members), almost 1.3 million posts, almost 62,000 threads, and 200 posts a day sounds addicting to me. Content is definitely varied and without focus, but with that many people you sure can get help/opinions/ideas easily. Their search function is very useful, with that much information.

I'd like to see more sport pilots there, as they can help spread the word and correct some of the mis-information and wive's tales out there about LSA and Sport Pilot. CT pilots on that forum have done a good job spreading the word and, because of that, seem to have gained considerable respect for the plane among the GA audience. (Boy, did this Bernath thing set us back a few years...)

All I can say is: He gives lawyers a bad name.

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd use in my lifetime.

William Shakespeare, as so often, has it right !!

All:

God save your majesty!

Cade:

I thank you, good people—there shall be no money; all shall eat

and drink on my score, and I will apparel them all in one livery,

that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord.

Dick:

The first thing we do,
let's kill all the lawyers.

Cade:

Nay, that I mean to do.

• 1 month later...

Our favorite(?) pilot-attorney is back and busy... from another site:

"Daniel Bernath, an Oregon-based disability lawyer, Portlandia extra and all-around Internet personality, wrote on Facebook on Sept. 14 that he was “filing a class action lawsuit” to get Yelp to pay $273 per review and urging others to sign on. It’s not clear how Bernath is involved in the suit, since he’s not named in the filing, but it’s pretty clear that he’s close to it: the class-action's official webpage is registered to him, and he had all the details of the case in September, before it went public."

• 1 month later...

I really don't understand stuff like this.  I'm a Nam-era vet.  I didn't go to Nam, never fired a weapon in anger, never slept in the mud.  OTOH, the Army taught me a trade, let me play with lots of noisy, loud and dangerous things, and offered me a free education when I got out.  If anything, I owe them and I'd never pretend I was anything I wasn't.  Sigh.

Archived