Does your CT have a name?

Anticept

Just curious how many out there personify their plane like I do to mine. She got the name "Sunshine" from her previous owner, and while I didn't like the name at first, it grew on me.

I also have fun talking to people who want to rent her to go flying, and I can't help but to get carried away telling them how she likes and how she doesn't like to be treated, where she likes to go, and how she loves to play. I have a couple customers that will talk to her during preflight (these people I like because I know they take good care of her), and a lot of them refer to her by name, instead of 566FD.

Maybe I'm insane... but she's got a face and is an adorable tiny plane!

What does ATC say when you call Sunshine is on final :D

Just curious how many out there personify their plane like I do to mine. She got the name "Sunshine" from her previous owner, and while I didn't like the name at first, but it grew on me.

I also have fun talking to people who want to rent her to go flying, and I can't help but to get carried away telling them how she likes and how she doesn't like to be treated, where she likes to go, and how she loves to play. I have a couple customers that will talk to her during preflight (these people I like because I know they take good care of her), and a lot of them refer to her by name, instead

Maybe I'm insane... but she's got a face and is an adorable tiny plane!

post-38-0-91935200-1382826862_thumb.jpg89WD is named "Steamboat" which is the name of the bronc on our license plates and all the literature, signage, etc all around the great state of Wyoming. This pic shows Steamboat on the ramp at Fantasy of Flight in Florida. I was part of the Earth Rounders group at Sun-n-Fun last year.

I tried to prevent it but my bird got named Woodstock. The FD dealer made a decal for the tail.

I thought it was a color balance problem in your avatar photo... why is your plane yellow?

And if you don't like the name woodstock, why not change it?

What does ATC say when you call Sunshine is on final :D

OSU tower already knows I'm nuts. I don't need to give them any more ammo!

I thought it was a color balance problem in your avatar photo... why is your plane yellow?

And if you don't like the name woodstock, why not change it?

It was ordered from Flight Design with yellow paint. Others began to call her Woodstock and when the decals went on I realized that resistance was futile.

My first airplane, a C-150/150 was heavily personalized by previous owner, complete with a new N number 151CM. "151" because it wasn't a 150 or a 152. It had a decal 150-squared (little 2) on the tail. CM were the owner's initials. Being a Mooney instructor, he acquired a pair of 201 yokes and put them on the Cessna. His wife looked at it one day and decided to name the plane Herbie (of The Love Bug fame.). He also had a 210 which had a man's name. "Herbie" is engraved on the yokes so can't do anything about that. The plane is well known in these parts. Everybody except ATC calls it Herbie.

So then comes N77GP (an LS with GP being original owner's initials.). When I flew it home, it happened to wind up tail to tail with Herbie when it dawned on me this was a modern 2 seater 22 years newer with similar color scheme. The name would have to be Herbie, Jr. So "Junior" it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived