Light Sport aircraft options

Al Downs

"There are 50 and 60 year old planes more airworthy than some new ones" <- name one.

Any flying P-51 Mustang. Those airplanes are so valuable now they are all treated like museum pieces. Anybody not willing to do so ends up selling to somebody that does.

Same is true for many vintage warbirds.

if a NEW aircraft were to roll off the line with the SLIGHTEST deviation from its airworthyness certificate it would NOT be released to fly.

You have clearly never been to an aircraft factory. I'd wager EVERY factory new airplane has defects, even yours. Remember your brakes leaking?

. . . "the old tin ones can be maintained in a manner that keeps them airworthy." . . .

Quite right. And some of them are a lot more esthetic than Flight Design airplanes also.

When I first sat in and flew a CT, my first thought was, "what kind of a contraption is this?"

It reminded me of sitting at the controls of a small helicopter . . . except the "collective" stick was missing. :)

. . . "if a NEW aircraft were to roll off the line with the SLIGHTEST deviation from its airworthyness certificate it would NOT be released to fly. And a NEW aircraft is NEW, no remachined parts, no 'good enough' older parts, no flight stresses on the airframe, no microcracks in the wings, no unseen stresses and strains on the landing gear, no time withstanding the vibration of the engine etc." . . .

There you go again . . . spouting off and not knowing what you are talking about. You need to get a better grip.

Here's a little reading assignment for you.

Read up on the "BOAC de Havilland Comet."

New aircraft, in commercial service and released with all the blessings, but was not airworthy. It took a couple of catastrophic crashes and a tedious, thorough investigation before they found the "defect." And it was major. They stopped producing the aircraft.

Point being, your post was not accurate. Do your research before posting your assertions.

Your track record is pretty dismal here . . . and elsewhere.

There you go again . . . spouting off and not knowing what you are talking about. You need to get a better grip.

Here's a little reading assignment for you.

Read up on the "BOAC de Havilland Comet."

New aircraft, in commercial service and released with all the blessings, but was not airworthy. It took a couple of catastrophic crashes and a tedious, thorough investigation before they found the "defect." And it was major. They stopped producing the aircraft.

Point being, your post was not accurate. Do your research before posting your assertions. Your track record is pretty dismal here . . . and elsewhere.

Well said. Even the spectacularly successful B727 had three hull losses in the first 6 months of operation.

Take a look at my Challenger II LSS CW. Took me 20 months to build and is perfect condition.

One owner (me) never any damage, 80-85 cruise. 30K to build and selling for 15,900. AWC 9-9-2009.

It's in the planes for sale section on this site

Kitfoxes are pretty well built. Their lineage can be traced back to the cubs and taylorcrafts.

You can have a look at the eurofox (now known as aerotrek) if you want prebuilt. There is one in my area, for the price they are pretty damn well built, and the attention to detail (even the welds!) is great.

http://www.aerotrek.aero

Archived