8th. Annual page, AZ Fly-In

Roger Lee

8th Annual 2014 Page, AZ. Fly-In

(WOW, Who would have thought, 8 years)

biggrin.gifLake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, Bullfrog Marina Resort...
Make those reservations now. It's time again to work on the Page, AZ Fly-In. We changed a few things last year that added some new fun. We did the river raft trip the day before the actual Fly-In day. It was a great raft trip. I would highly recommend it.
We changed up some of the routes last year which turned out well so we'll do it again.

The Page, AZ. Fly-In date is October 16-19, 2014

We will fly the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley (breakfast), Zion Canyon and Bryce Canyon (breakfast), Bullfrog Marina and Resort (breakfast).

I have blocked off 35 rooms. We will be at the Holiday Inn with a rate of $66 (2 queen beds). I hope to have a record number of CT's and LSA aircraft for our Page Fly-In. Just like last year make the reservations early so you don't miss out and the hotel won't hold all 40 rooms forever.

Do not wait this year. Book it now and you can cancel up to 24 hours before Oct. 16th. Get it booked and reserved, then if you have to cancel you can, but if you wait again then you may not be staying with the rest of us and at your own peril for rates and possibly a different hotel. They book darn near the whole town in October.

You must tell them you are with the "CT Group and ask to speak with Courtney" for your reference and the rate of $66 a night. We will arrive Thursday morning, Oct. 16th. and head home Oct. 19th. Sunday or Monday morning. Breakfast is free in the mornings. This hotel has not only a continental breakfast, but a full breakfast.
I talked to the people at the Ranch House Grill and they will cater our evening meals again. We will have evening meals together Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Clarion Inn  ( The hotel had a name change)

Ask for Illisa
751 South Navajo Drive, Page, AZ 86040

928-645-9000

We will fly into the Page airport - KPGA.
We are staying with Classic FBO and with our group we should get a 30 cent discount on fuel.
Classic is not the first FBO next to the runway, but the second one behind them.

The Antelope Canyon tour and the Dam tour is open if anyone wants. These are land tours.
You guys are welcome to invite other planes that are not CT's and everyone is welcome. Find some more LSA's.

I will develop GPS coordinates for all our routes and post them so you can enter them in your own GPS. I have a plan to better deal with all our planes for our flights so they are not crowded in the mornings or evenings.

Don't miss this, we always have fun.

p.s. biggrin.gif
I would like everyone coming to shoot me an email so I can put together a roster, make name tags and set up call signs like we did last year. If you attended last year and we had your personal info then just say you are coming. If you did not come last year then I would like the email to include: N#, Names of you and co-pilot, cell phone number, city, state.
This is a big help for me to last year to organize our fly outs since we have so many planes and gives old friends and new friends a way to contact each other if need be.

Thanks,
Roger Lee

Something new has been added. (This was lots of fun last year)
You must refer to this Reservation Number: 70361 and tell them you are with the CT group.
A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 15th from Glen Canyon Dam down to Lee's Ferry.
The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and on down close to Lee's Ferry. Then we turn around a high speed boat back to the start. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.
Don't be left out, I know of at least 6 people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 15th.
BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.
Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/

What are you waiting for, let's go, I'm already signed up. ;)

People that have sent Roger an email saying they are coming:

Anselm, Urbanek & Klaus Pavlik

Bergmann, Lee

Bertram, Bill

Cain, Nick

Cordell, Gary

Covell, Tom

Ferson, Wayne

Fleming, Dave

Greer, Tim

Hall, Bob

Jefts, Larry

Jefts, Duane

Johnsen, John-Olav

Kreinenkamp, Ron

Lee, Roger

Loy, Jesse

Madeley, Jim

McEvoy, Peter

Methvin, Ben

Roberts, Russ

Roden, Henry

Spencer, David

Stone, Dale

Strachan, Barrie

Takahashi, Masamune

Vancamp, Peter

Ware, Randy

Welsh, Philip

Zahradnik, Bob

Flight Rules.pdf

Page 2014 Flights.pdf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke with Courtney a few minutes ago at the Holiday Inn Express, Page.  Room is reserved.  

Page is the best Fly-in of the year...my wife who normally is not much interested in flying considers the Page Fly-in an exception and won't miss it.  She now threatens me with unspeakable repercussions if we can't go.  I missed one year in order to do a Grand Canyon raft trip instead...she was NOT happy about it as that caused us to miss the Fly-in that year.

The point of this is to encourage anyone who has not been to this event to make the effort to go.  It is that good.  Better than that good!  Excellent flying, tremendous scenery, great people to get to know or renew old acquaintances with, and always a lot of information to exchange and learn from Roger, Tom, and other CT pilots. 

• 2 months later...

Roger, Wanda and I will join you again this year.  Will make our reservations today and have talked another SportCruiser owner, Gary and Judy Cordell, into joining us.  They will make the trip from Tennessee.  We're like Olav says below, it's not a complete year without this fly-in trip ... lots to see and friends to meet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Roger,

just made reservations at the Holiday Inn a few minutes ago. We are going to rent Eric`s CTLS and fly up from Bisbee. I had toured the Page area a few years back, then  in Eric`s CTSW together with my wife, this time my old CTLS Partner Klaus Pavlik will join me and we are looking forward to a great Fly-In with meeting other LSA People. After the Fly-In we plan to spend another week out west before returning to Bisbee and hope for some suggestions of the fellow pilots.

Cheers,

Anselm Urbanek

Klaus Pavlik

A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 15th from Glen Canyon Dam down to Lee's Ferry

You must refer to this Reservation Number: 70361 and tell them you are with the CT group.

The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and on down close to Lee's Ferry. Then we turn around a high speed boat back to the start. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.
Don't be left out, I know of at least 6 people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 15th.
BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.
Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/

If you are with our group do not just make an individual reservation. They have had some in the past do this and it makes it very difficult.

You must refer to this Reservation Number: 70361 and tell them you are with the CT group.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Folks,  I've also made a reservation for our Event hotel for the first weekend in October.  On or about September 29th, it will convert from a Holiday Inn Express to a Clarion Hotel (though there may be some variation to that date: +/- 30 days they said). 

I called back and was assured our reservations would be transferred to Clarion for our Event.

• 2 months later...

We are planning to leave KIGQ on 10/12/14 @ 0600.

10/12/14

KIGQ - KLXT - KLBL - 0E0

349nm (3.5) - 332nm (3.5) - 274nm (2.5)

*1.0 hour between the legs

10/13/14

0E0 - KFMN - KPGA

151nm (1.5) - 155nm (1.5)

*1.0 hour between the legs

Our conditions on cancellations are;

1. less than 4000ft AGL cloud coverage between the legs

2. more than 50nm of diversions from the plan in case of clouds/weather (north or south)

3. more than 18knts of wind, more than 10knts direct cross wind

4. 10/12 & 13 must be clear forecast (at 0600 on 10/12)

*Also, we will top off fuel at every stop to make sure of our fuel management .

I think we can manage from here to 0E0 Moriarty on first day or early 2nd day.

But, our concern is between 0E0 to KPGA...

What altitudes...which path...all crucial to us since high terrains...

Any thoughts or help is appreciated!

IT'S GETTING REALLY CLOSE!

SEE YOU THERE.

Here is a copy of some flight rules and general itinerary with some GPS co-ordinates. 

Here is the AirNav link for Cal Black airport (U96) where we will have our bomb drop and spot landing fun. We'll leave page at 1230 hrs. for a 15-20 minute flight over to their field.

Practice, Practice, Practice  :D

http://www.airnav.com/airport/U96

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to call.

p.s.

Hope you're coming on the raft trip too. ;)

Flight Rules.doc

Page 2014 Flights.docx

Hi Roger,

somehow my name seems to have dropped off the participants list. I will be with Anselm in Erics CTLS, which we wiill rent and fly up from Bisbee.

My details:

Klaus Pavlik

Austrian

klauspavlik@hotmail.com

See you and all the CT entousiasts in Page!

Klaus

Archived