The CTSW I rent was crashed...

GravityKnight

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister in law got some great pictures... And I should have some cool footage from my as100v action cam up soon...(made a couple more landings.. Strip is really working great right now after some more work on it this week)

Nice pictures...the first one is wallpaper-worthy.

Can you get photos of the damage to the CTSW?

It's supposed to be all fixed up now I think, I'll see what I can do there were a couple floating around....

Nice pictures...the first one is wallpaper-worthy.

Thanks! I was impressed with what she took....

Here is a clip of an approach / takeoff from the strip. Still carried too much speed in (those power lines pucker me up a little), but as you can see it's still easy to get it stopped only half way down the strip. Wind was changing directions so I made a landing from the other direction but forgot to turn on the cam..oops... the look coming in over the house is pretty wild! It was pretty warm out, and climb performance at 6600ft wasn't too exciting. Dang what 150hp would do for this plane :)

Camera footage looks so good before I compressed it to make it small enough to upload to youtube.. and then youtube does a number to it as well. Disappointing to see it this way... It originally comes out 1080p, 60fps and looks pretty sharp for a little 6 ounce camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm1IThCxtrM

new 1080p video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ERwKmYiEcc

No apologies necessary.

Both of the landings and the takeoff were pretty much textbook.

When I can't find anything to criticize, you know you're doing it right!

Good job!

Oh, and the video looks pretty darn sharp on my iPad Retina Mini.

The composite work doesn't take as long as you might think. It is waiting on the other parts that need to come from across the pond if they are not in stock in the USA that takes time.

That's what I was expecting, long parts delays.  Didn't the guy with the bird strike to his windshield wait months for parts?

Here's a tip. FD doesn't ship until they can fill a container. If you need a part sooner, you can order directly from FD Germany and pay for direct delivery. It will be expensive, but you will get it quickly. The distributor up north from here (zone aviation) does this for important parts that FD USA doesn't have in stock, but need asap.

No apologies necessary.

Both of the landings and the takeoff were pretty much textbook.

When I can't find anything to criticize, you know you're doing it right!

Good job!

Oh, and the video looks pretty darn sharp on my iPad Retina Mini.

Thank you sir!!!

That seems fast, when was the incident?  Seems like it usually takes many months to get major damage like that repaired.

I was looking back, I started this topic Jan 26th, iirc it was damaged within a few days of that date. So it's been less than 3 and a half months which really isn't that long like you said. Feels like it's been down a lot longer! I mis 359 I can actually carry the added weight of a passenger in the SW lol. Guy that works at the rental place posted a video on FB on March 26th of 359 sitting on it's wheels again and the new engine running- and it mentioned that they were waiting on parts from FD. So the gear is fixed, the engine is in... don't know about the wings- last I heard they found someone pretty local that could do the repair work. Flight schedule shows it back in action on the 9th of this month but that will probably change. Next time I'm in there doing a little IT work I'll see about the photos, there were some good ones showing the damage. It really wasn't as bad as I expected from what I had heard at first.

The SW is back in action!! yay!

Apparently they are getting another LS to add to the fleet as well. 

Which is good, renting airplanes a month a head of time more often than not ends up not happening due to weather. With 4 LSA's in action that will open things up a lot. Going to be a year or two before I can afford my own set of wings so this is double good news.

It's supposed to be all fixed up now I think, I'll see what I can do there were a couple floating around....

Thanks! I was impressed with what she took....

Here is a clip of an approach / takeoff from the strip. Still carried too much speed in (those power lines pucker me up a little), but as you can see it's still easy to get it stopped only half way down the strip. Wind was changing directions so I made a landing from the other direction but forgot to turn on the cam..oops... the look coming in over the house is pretty wild! It was pretty warm out, and climb performance at 6600ft wasn't too exciting. Dang what 150hp would do for this plane :)

Camera footage looks so good before I compressed it to make it small enough to upload to youtube.. and then youtube does a number to it as well. Disappointing to see it this way... It originally comes out 1080p, 60fps and looks pretty sharp for a little 6 ounce camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm1IThCxtrM

new 1080p video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ERwKmYiEcc

Great video! 

Dale

So....

The ch750 is jacked up. I got notified my reservation was cancelled (because someone bent the snot out of the front wheel). Apparently the chief instructor and a student (with his private) were out flying it last.. though as usual, the instructor took no responsibility and didn't even tell anyone. Until the next instructor went to fly it and found this (attached).

This guy has pulled stunts like this before... I mean mistakes happen, that's not the big issue, it's the pretending like it didn't happen and always putting the blame on someone else that pisses me off.

Thankfully the SW is back in action!

post-1054-0-12881400-1400256389_thumb.jpeg

Flight school or flying club?

If it's a flying club, it might be time to move to discipline or dismiss that flight instructor. Make sure you have your ducks in a row and have factuals of the incidences, then share your opinion on why you feel he needs disciplined or dismissed. Make it clear it is your opinion, don't just attack him or her. ("You are a bad flight instructor" vs "I am upset with you because I feel that you are inattentive to the damage you have caused")

Flight school, well, that's a lot harder, best you can do is write a well thought out letter to management.

I just do a little side IT work for them (flight school). And know some of the instructors... so I don't pull much weight but I may talk with the owner a little bit. There has been a pattern, and it's starting to get concerning (the other instructors seem to be feeling the same from what I gather).

Archived