"Stick and Rudder Moments"

FastEddieB

It would be good if people here would stop trying to control other people and what they say.  A poster can say whatever he wants within the forum guidelines.  He also does not have to prove or backup anything if he doesn't want to.  That said, when someone constantly post incorrect information, he will probably be called out for it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be good if people here would stop trying to control other people and what they say.  A poster can say whatever he wants within the forum guidelines.  He also does not have to prove or backup anything if he doesn't want to.  That said, when someone constantly post incorrect information, he will probably be called out for it.

In my opinion , as I said before, the burden of proof is on the poster, otherwise the statement will be assumed to be an opinion by me and others. I'm not sure what "called out" means , however I do know what, proven wrong by the overwhelming preponderance of the evidence means. Nobody has to do anything other than follow the rules of the forum, however if it is credibility you are after, you better show you are credible. The only control on speech, are those rules established by the administrators and agreed to by individual forum members. (When I say you , I mean the rhetorical you not you personally ).

Cheers

People are definitely getting overwrought about what others say, whether opinions, facts, or opinions pertaining to facts. Welcome to the Internet...some people post dumb or wrong info. Call them on it if you want, but trying to get people to justify everything they say to your satisfaction is like trying to push on a rope. Good luck with that.

Works fine. Soak rope. Straighten rope. Freeze. Push.

There are, of course, limits.

Does rather remind me of the old joke about the young lad sat with his grandfather, eating an apple. The boy finds a worm poking out of a hole in the apple and pulls it out.

His grandfather watches this & says "I'll bet you can't get that worm back in the hole!"

The lad thinks for a while then says  "OK £5 on it". He goes into the house then returns with a can of hairspray - sprays the worm solid and pushes it back into the apple.

Next day his grandfather hands over the £5 then another £10 note - "that's from your grandma!"

Archived