No posts for 2 days!

josjonkers

Took the neighbor lady across the street up for sightseeing this afternoon.  The CT purred like a big kitten, I greased the landing and she had a great time.  Life is good, even if there aren't many posts.

Spent Sunday flying back from the Whales trip down the Baja... 615 miles today with one stop for Customs.  15-32 kt headwinds all day, and the last 2 hours was like a rodeo.  Landed in Nogales (KOLS) with 14-28kts gusting x-wind. Whew!

Tim

Spent Sunday flying back from the Whales trip down the Baja... 615 miles today with one stop for Customs.  15-32 kt headwinds all day, and the last 2 hours was like a rodeo.  Landed in Nogales (KOLS) with 14-28kts gusting x-wind. Whew!Tim

Cheryl and I heard a bunch of traffic landing in Nogales this afternoon flying back to Bisbee from Sedona, thought that might have been your group. Winds were nasty, over 40kts at 11500ft and Bisbee was howling over 30 from the East with our North/south runway wasn't real fun.

No flying for me but enjoying the great wx here in San Diego visiting our son, daughter-in-law and new grandson. Today was one of those perfect days here that would just not end, even with the hour bump up. Life is great even when not in the air.

Last word from my friend back in PA has my plane still iced in. Just cant get the hangar doors open. 

However, yesterday I joined up with the USA (Ultralight Squadron of America) In Perris ,CA. Got to see some UL flying and met some really nice folks. I just couldn't Keep away from an airport for more than a week.

Annual in progress on the little Sky Arrow.

Not to drive anyone away from here, but the Pilots of America site is very active.

Some real idiots over there, but in general some lively debate and good information to be had there.

Annual in progress on the little Sky Arrow.

Not to drive anyone away from here, but the Pilots of America site is very active.

Some real idiots over there, but in general some lively debate and good information to be had there.

Since we have to go elsewhere for lively debate I'm not surprised that days go by without posts now.

Personally, I'm really glad I bought a CTSW in 2006.  I've had 7 years of experience and I love the airplane.  There's no expressing the privilege of just driving out to the hanger, jumping in your plane and flying.

In the middle of my ferry flight from Tracy, CA. to Tampa.

Today I got a good demonstration on moderate turbulence in the CTSW, on mountainous legs from Blythe to Demming.

I was impressed. The little bird handled it just fine, but it really makes you pay attention.

The more I fly it . . . the better I like it.

Glad I bought a CTSW. It fits my aviation mission perfectly . . . and I didn't have to spend 180 grand.

More later. . . . . :)

Archived