Great Customer Service From SkyGuardTWX

Sport Pilot

Sorry, I should have remembered that. I am looking for a 2020 permanent solution. I know I can add ES to my GTX 330, and the GDL-39 might work, but I would like to know someone who has done it. Or, some other solution that doesn't take a major panel alteration.

Sorry, I should have remembered that. I am looking for a 2020 permanent solution. I know I can add ES to my GTX 330, and the GDL-39 might work, but I would like to know someone who has done it. Or, some other solution that doesn't take a major panel alteration.

Hi Doug -- what's your current equipage?

Doug,

Keeping with minimal panel changes and 2020 compliance, your easiest path (but not the least expensive path) is the ES upgrade ($1200) with a freeflight 1201 certified position source ($2400). Throw in a GDL-39R with a fin antenna to receive traffic and weather on the 696 for ($700) and you have a complete solution. The GPS and 39R can be mounted anywhere so your panel is unchanged. Call it $4000 plus labor.

Least expensive would be to sell for the 330 for $2500 and buy the Dynon transponder for $2200. Use the non-certified Dynon GPS for $200 until the Freeflight (and others) come down in price. Still would need the same GDL-39R config to receive traffic and weather. Net of $600 plus labor now then whatever a certified GPS costs in the future.

If you wanted to receive weather and traffic on the Dynon's, you could replace the GDL with the SV-ADSB-470 for $1000.

I have seen or know of all of these configuration working in EABs or LSAs, not necessarily CTs.

Archived