CTSW ELT Battery

Bobby CAU

Hi Bobby,

Your batteries are 6 Duracell "D" size batteries. Take the ELT out. Stand it upright and unscrew the 4 allen heads located in each corner. Take the top off and just insert the new batteries. Put the top back on and put the ELT back in place. I usually take a piece of white tape and write the install date and expiration date on the outside top so anyone can look in there and see when they were installed and expire without having to tear back into the unit.

Hi Bobby,

Your batteries are 6 Duracell "D" size batteries. Take the ELT out. Stand it upright and unscrew the 4 allen heads located in each corner. Take the top off and just insert the new batteries. Put the top back on and put the ELT back in place. I usually take a piece of white tape and write the install date and expiration date on the outside top so anyone can look in there and see when they were installed and expire without having to tear back into the unit.

dear Roger,

quite simple huh ... thanks a lot for the helps

While most CTSW's here in the states were delivered with the Ameri King ELT I have seen other types installed. Not knowing what type of ELT you have installed, or the requirements in Jakarta, Indonesia. The blanket answer of D cell batteries might not be correct.

Archived