Video in France ctsw

Marco01

Hey Marco - fabulous video!!

I love flying in France - here are a couple of photos from one of the airfields in your film - St Pierre D'Oleron, the first is downwind for runway 10 LH and the second is RB parked up on the ground at Oleron

oleron.jpg

oleron2.jpg

Gorgeous countryside - well done!

Minor quibbles...

I became aware, early on, that some of your segments were flipped 180°. First noticed it with weird runway numbers, then noticed the decals on the plane were backwards.

Once I noticed that, I could not help but examine each new cut to see if it was flipped, which became distracting.

Also, some of the approaches were cut short - a lot of us find the landings the most entertaining portion.

But keep up the good work! I want more!

FastEddieB, you got eagle eyes since even French community didn't recognize this! the whole video was done with a single GoPro, and use this imovie trick to change angle of view. agree that when written words are visible, this is disturbing. On approaches, agree as well, since I'm a fan to analyse other pilots how they manage to let this damnt front wheel touching few seconds after the main gear: I found this difficult with 30° flaps, tank full, and no passengers/luggage. I will probably set a new video with approaches and flare compilation, with flap setting indication. Thanks again for your feedback.

You're welcome!

My goal on normal landings is to use maximum flaps as appropriate for conditions (normally full), and to try to hold the plane off the runway as long as possible, power off. When done just right, the stick should be either all the way back, or nearly so, at the point of touchdown.

This puts the nose well clear of the ground, and with continued back pressure the nose can be held up for a long time. This is especially handy with small nose wheels combined with rough fields.

One way to judge if you've succeeded is to mentally time how long you can hold the nosewheel off after the mains touch down. An example here, and with me alone in the Sky Arrow the CG is pretty far forward. (Actual landing begins at about 3:45 in).

Of course, conditions might not always allow this, but it has always worked for me and my students as a goal to shoot for.

Looking forward to more landing videos - it's a great way to critique and improve one's landings.

Speaking of eagle eyes, when James Cameron was filmiing Titanic, he was aware he was going to have to flip the image for the ship being launched. He was such a stickler for detail, that he insisted that every little detail match when flipped, right up to having baggage tags printed backwards!

Cool video!

Speaking of eagle eyes, when James Cameron was filmiing Titanic, he was aware he was going to have to flip the image for the ship being launched. He was such a stickler for detail, that he insisted that every little detail match when flipped, right up to having baggage tags printed backwards! 

wow.... that's very interesting!

Archived