I'm excited!!!

I became pretty good friends with my instructor when I was getting my ticket. The place I rent planes is getting another CTLS, It's coming out of vegas, he is going to pick it up and asked me to come out and help fly it back to Colorado. 8ish hours of CT time for the price of a $103 one way plane ticket out there! Leaving tomorrow evening and flying it back Sunday.

I don't get the opportunity to fly cross country much (renting adds up). This will be a good adventure I think!

I'll post pictures of the plane when I get out there... just had to share I'm pretty excited...

It's nice to see a school with a thriving stable (three now, right?) of CTs in use.

Indeed.... a CTSW (my fav) and now 2 CTLS's and the CH750, plus about 5 Cessnas (172's and an 182), plus a Cirrus sr20. They are adding a Cessna as well... so they are growing which is nice to see!

I know the plane.  It was the sport trainer at Elite Flight Training located on the field at KVGT.   The plane was used to train many sport pilots including my own wife.  A 2009 mfg.  Elite said they performed a 1600 hr overhaul of the plane and possibly did an overhaul of the 912 ULS carb'd engine for before putting it up for sale - at least that's what my wife says she heard as chatter on the field. 

Sadly Elite is not training sport pilots anymore as they have decided to apparently focus on Private and Commercial using Cirrus and Cessna as trainers. 

As I mentioned earlier, though KVGT is at about 2200 feet, it has been hot, over 100f most days.  Density altitude if you leave after 9AM will be around 6k feet.  And it has been windy.  Best to try for an early takeoff, before 8AM if you can manage it.  You can avoid Bravo airspace by flying North and skirting the hills till you either turn North just before Mesquite, or fly to St George and turn North.  Or simply get a Bravo clearance from KVGT ATC, its routine for them.

I only looked inside the cockpit once so I am not sure what they have in it, I believe its a Garmin 696 and possibly two Dynons and a few steam guages..

Thanks for the info,

6k density would be nice, it's usually 7500-9500 up here. We are planning to leave pretty early to dodge some wind hopefully, thanks.

I was honestly and sincerely welcoming CTLSi back into the fold.

And his last couple of posts seem to speak of more experience.

And I am curious as to his progress.

That was all.

No "dick-ness" intended. Sorry if it came across that way.

Made it home. What an adventure it was. 

Fought up drafts and down drafts all day, pretty constant moderate turbulence most of the flight, with a 20 knot headwind (with winds around ~30+ knots at times) ....made for an intense flight through the mountains. It was a constant battle.. not enough sleep the night before. And all it all it was pretty awesome! We fought for this one and get the plane and ourselves home safely.

Pic is from Page Arizona by Lake Powell.... our fuel stop. I ran my battery out on the Action Cam getting some footage from different areas... so when I see what's on there I'll get some highlights, should be some cool footage.

post-1054-0-14272700-1401673636_thumb.jpg

Archived