Alaska 2014

Farmer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy you stuck you foot in this one. This is going to be fun.

Okay guys start ordering your books for $10. What a deal. It's a beautiful big thick book. Let's see if we can get to 25 books by end of day.

You can't pass this up for $10. I know what the real cost is. LOL

Anyone that wants Duane's phone number to order a book just let me know.

Be careful what you put in print, $10.

Boy you stuck you foot in this one. This is going to be fun.

Okay guys start ordering your books for $10. What a deal. It's a beautiful big thick book. Let's see if we can get to 25 books by end of day.

You can't pass this up for $10. I know what the real cost is. LOL

Anyone that wants Duane's phone number to order a book just let me know.

Be careful what you put in print, $10.

OK Roger, you win.  $100 it is.  No $10 orders so far so no early bird takers.

• 5 months later...

Duane and myself are working on the final details of our summer 2017 flying trip.  Would like anyone interested in joining this trip just let us know.

trip does not have hard itinerary, go with the flow of weather and local knowledge for things to do and see    fishing?

about three weeks in July perhaps stopping at Oshkosh late in month flexible  flexsible   flexible

50/75 hours of flight time mostly in Canada and  Alaska as far north as fuel is easy to find

VFR or park until VFR   No mountain flying  No long water crossing, glideing distance only at most

we will have sat phones but spot is recommand

aircraft will need sticker, easy and cheap.  pilot in command need class 3 physical

Duane can help with paperwork to travel across the border

and 100 things we have not though about yet

If and when we get final plans will post to new thread

Farmer

OMG... we'd love to go, but just aren't sure about time frames.  We are, literally, considering retiring a couple years early, just to be able to make the trip!  It would be one major thing off my bucket list.    If anyone has ever considered this flight, you owe it to yourself to go with Larry and Duane.  It's guaranteed to be one of your best flying adventures ever.

Archived