Prolong Waterless Wash

gbigs

After seeing this topic discussed at length on PilotsofAmerica, I've started using Wash Wax All, from AeroCosmetics.  You can use it with water or not, and works just like the spray cleaner wax/detailers that are used by many.  I had been using ICE.

The product is close to Ph-neutral.  I've asked them to join our board and field some questions, but haven't heard back.

So I looked it up:

"Cleaner/Waxes 

A product that cleans, polishes and protects and contains natural protection ingredients like Carnauba

Cleaner/Sealants

A product that cleans, polishes and protects and uses all synthetic protection ingredients

Finishing Waxes

A product that offers no cleaning ability with the focus on maximizing beauty with the protection based upon naturally occurring ingredients.

Finishing Sealants

A product that offers no cleaning ability with the focus on maximizing beauty with the protection based upon synthetic ingredients.

Hybrids

There's one more group into which waxes and sealant fall into and that would be the hybridcategory. Hybrids contain a combination of both natural and synthetic ingredients."

I am happy with what I am doing.

Thanks, worth a try. I have been using a cleaner wax twice a year and use just a spray bottle with water and a cotton towel to clean bugs.

Doug,

What cleaner/wax do you prefer?

I have been using Composiclean.

It does a pretty good job.

Doug,

What cleaner/wax do you prefer?

I have been using Composiclean.

It does a pretty good job.

I use Meguire's although I don't have a particular reasoning for this. Doc Ron was my CTLS mentor before he left the glorious Northland for sunny AZ and that is what he was using.

I have been making a similar product for years and have used it on my CT for five years, sells for $3.00 per Litre.

I agree with all that is said and I also do a major detail with Meguires twice a year.

Furthemore on your Plexiglass do not use any product containing solvents as it causes a white hazey appearance, and keep away from

using any product on the inside containing silicone as it vapourises with heat and forms a blue effect on the inside of your windshield. 

Hi to all on the forum and thanks for all the great posts.

Bruce

Anyone have experience with Rejex? I've used it 4 times and really like the results. It makes the surface so slick that you can wipe bug splatter off with just a rag and no cleaner. Also be careful with setting your gas cap on the wing. Mine gas cap has slid off after applying.

We offer free shipping for our Wash Wax ALL (aircraft cleaner) two gallon concentrate pack. Comes out costing you $3.49 per 16 oz bottle. If you let us know that your a CTflier member we give you a free spray bottle to mix it in. We have been ask to join your forum to answer any aircraft cleaning questions you may have.     

Archived