pitch attitude excursions

207WF

You must be looking at a different picture than I am. There is a rear mounting block for the cable housing, but it isn't a fairlead.

That is a fairlead on each cable in the photo. Keeps the cable from rubbing or sliding around.

The cable has to make a turn in the belly between the legs too, and it's run through plastic tubing to make the turn. Those are also fairleads, but perhaps only by my own definition. Let's not get too nitpicky, but if you have a better term for it (cable guide?), I'll adapt it.

That is a fairlead on each cable in the photo. Keeps the cable from rubbing or sliding around.

The cable has to make a turn in the belly between the legs too, and it's run through plastic tubing to make the turn. Those are also fairleads, but perhaps only by my own definition. Let's not get too nitpicky, but if you have a better term for it (cable guide?), I'll adapt it.

The rudder cables go through the plastic tubes. The stabilator uses a Bowden cable, and the cable housing is its guide. There is no need for fairleads on a Bowden cable.

The rudder cables go through the plastic tubes. The stabilator uses a Bowden cable, and the cable housing is its guide. There is no need for fairleads on a Bowden cable.

Haven't messed with the pitch assembly yet. Looked closer at the drawings, and yeah it's evident of bowden cables being used. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived