Pitch Trim Adjustment

FlyingMonkey

It has become pretty clear to me that my pitch trim range needs to be adjusted.  It currently cannot be trimmed nose-up for a speed slower than about 63-65 knots...below that speed I need to hold pressure on the stick to maintain pitch attitude and not accelerate.  This is quite an annoyance because my approach speeds are significantly slower than this speed (usually 52-55kt depending on conditions).  

The question is, is there a published procedure for adjusting the pitch trim range that I can give to my A&P?  Is it in the Maintenance Manual?  How many hours of labor should I anticipate paying for for this?

I know I will lose some nose-down trim authority, but I have never run out of trim in that direction, even at WOT.

Thanks!

Couldn't tell you the cost by the way, I don't know what it is. Also, it's VERY strange that your trim has moved that much. You might want to inspect the rest of the system to see if there isn't a problem.

It has been that way since I bought the plane over a year ago. Not sure if it has ever changed or just came that way from the factory.

Archived