My exterior light is out

Roger Lee

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy,

If I messed up some of the PM's just give me a call.

Hi Ed,

I would have liked to have done some diving. That is where I shot all my promo videos for my dive compressors business. Just out of back surgery 2 weeks put a damper on anything physical and really fun. We were at the Sheraton which is just down the road from Stuarts Cove. The months of Aug. and Sept. are the best months to avoid tourist and find some good deals on hotels and activities. They are more hungry for your dollar then. Starting in Oct. every ones prices seem to double and Nov. Dec, Jan are the worst months. It's packed then.

If you go to any of the Islands you have to have some conch tropical salad. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Hi Roger. You may recall that my Matco installation was different than your installation. I got the upgraded 1.25" axle and bearings from Matco and the system you were installing at the time and which the "blanket" LOA was issued was the Matco system with 1.00" axle and bearings. When I showed your LOA to FD, they detected the difference in diameter and directed me to get a new LOA. I'm not sure if there's a "blanket" LOA for the 1.25" system which is installed on my plane?

Hi Andy,

If I messed up some of the PM's just give me a call.

Hi Ed,

I would have liked to have done some diving. That is where I shot all my promo videos for my dive compressors business. Just out of back surgery 2 weeks put a damper on anything physical and really fun. We were at the Sheraton which is just down the road from Stuarts Cove. The months of Aug. and Sept. are the best months to avoid tourist and find some good deals on hotels and activities. They are more hungry for your dollar then. Starting in Oct. every ones prices seem to double and Nov. Dec, Jan are the worst months. It's packed then.

If you go to any of the Islands you have to have some conch tropical salad. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ya know...

I'm a diver, and some more on this board probably are too. I wonder if sometime down the pike we could have a fly-in/dive-in event? Maybe all fly in to Florida (or the Bahamas!) and dive a day or two then fly back out (not the same day as diving of course). The non-divers could laze on the beach and drink tropical drinks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I have a couple things to put forth in this thread. First is the regulation pertaining to lighting.

Anti-collision lighting, in most cases, is either a rotating beacon, or strobing lights. These are required when the aircraft is in flight. The only time you are allowed to turn them off is when you deem them to be a hazard to the flight, and that is primarily if you are flying in the clouds and the lights are blinding you. Of course, CTs are approved for VFR only, so you should never have to turn them off.

As for LOAs: when you make a modification to a CT, it needs to go to all of the engineering departments in germany. EASA regulations are the reason for this. If any of these departments say no, then the LOA will be denied. Often, they have to do flight testing if it is a modification that affects aerodynamics, so if you end up going that route, it will get extremely expensive quickly. That's why it takes so long.

• 6 years later...

Hi Corey. Valid points.  My friend Phil and I were able to obtain our MRA's fairly quickly.  We provided a detailed modification package supporting our request.  What helped was that this change didn't affect aircraft flight performance.  The change to LED lighting, even though high intensity lighting was added, actually reduces system current draw and greatly increases visibility with no added weight and very little change to the electrical system.  There are many CT owners opting to do the LED update due to the poor longevity of the factory lights.  I think the update to LED lighting is similar to the update to go to Matco wheels and brakes.  Arian was familiar with both the Matco and the LED light updates and he helped me with the MRA process on both.