Replacement lap and shoulder harness

FredG

Anyone put new belts in their planes?  I have a 2006 CTsw, high back seats, and I am tired of having the shoulder restraints loosen minutes after I tighten them. 

Experiences, positive and negative are welcome.

I remember when Mack (Kentuckynet, I think) posted about new lap and shoulder belts in his CTsw (Hooker Harness).  He was pleased.

(I am registered as Experimental LSA and can do the installation without additional approval.)

I would welcome too any suggestions on how to keep the shoulder harnesses from falling off the shoulder. Unless i tighten so hard i can barely move.  Also, as you tighen the shoulder harness,--up comes the lap belt.    I usually fly with just the lap belt these days.   

Sew on a 1" strip of velcro down the shoulder belt front is one way. There is basically 3 grades of webbing. A thin very flexible (what we have), a medium thicker grade (what I used to use in my dive business) and a heavy very stiff thick grade. If you used the medium grade the belts shouldn't slip.

As far as falling off the shoulders I have a 1" buckle that has a female on one side and a male end on the other. These are attached to 1" strap looped around the shoulder harness. Once you are in place just snap this together and the harness never comes off the shoulders.

Sew on a 1" strip of velcro down the shoulder belt front is one way. There is basically 3 grades of webbing. A thin very flexible (what we have), a medium thicker grade (what I used to use in my dive business) and a heavy very stiff thick grade. If you used the medium grade the belts shouldn't slip.

As far as falling off the shoulders I have a 1" buckle that has a female on one side and a male end on the other. These are attached to 1" strap looped around the shoulder harness. Once you are in place just snap this together and the harness never comes off the shoulders.

LIKE !   will try this thanks.    

So your a diver eh ....   Dive and Fly in the Philippines -   open invite!  

Archived