Las Vegas GA Shutdown

gbigs

• 1 month later...

Wanted!!! International incident where no one is hurt or loses money. Have executive problem solver on vacation, playing golf each day. Your POTUS has set up camp in my neighborhood for 16 days and much of Hawaii is stalled, in place, until he and his leaves town. This is harmful to our economic activity. Let us spread the hurt during this festive season. Come on now this is just information.

Merry Christmas or others as it makes you happy

Grounded Farmer

Wanted!!! International incident where no one is hurt or loses money. Have executive problem solver on vacation, playing golf each day. Your POTUS has set up camp in my neighborhood for 16 days and much of Hawaii is stalled, in place, until he and his leaves town. This is harmful to our economic activity. Let us spread the hurt during this festive season. Come on now this is just information.

Merry Christmas or others as it makes you happy

Grounded Farmer

Frustrating huh?  He couldn't stay in DC for Christmas...you know, because it's cold and there's nothing to do now that the GOP took over congress.

As a few of you (a severe minority, to be sure) seem hard-wired to stir political controversy, do the rest us a favor and direct your drivel to the Pilots of America website. You will fit in well with the rest of the blowhards there.

This is supposed to be a place where we share our love of flying. Your kind of thought pollution is simply not welcome here.

As a few of you (a severe minority, to be sure) seem hard-wired to stir political controversy, do the rest us a favor and direct your drivel to the Pilots of America website. You will fit in well with the rest of the blowhards there.

I do frequent that site, and at least one of that "severe minority" here managed to get himself banned there.

In fairly short order, I might add.

This is supposed to be a place where we share our love of flying. Your kind of thought pollution is simply not welcome here.

Tthis thread is about Obama disrupting flying...our 'love' of flying is being taken down by his golf and vacations.  You are in the minority...want proof of that?  Check the last midterm election. 

These TFR's are not political in nature. the only thing that ties them to Obama is where he chooses to go. TFR's started after the attacks on September 11, 2001 before Obama was in office, and would be happening regardless of who was in office. I really doubt it will change even if the presidency goes republican, except their chosen destinations.

Tthis thread is about Obama disrupting flying...our 'love' of flying is being taken down by his golf and vacations.  You are in the minority...want proof of that?  Check the last midterm election. 

Once again, we (most of us, anyway) come to here to enjoy a mutual love of aviation. Your comments are simply not in keeping with the spirit of this site. You have so many other venues available to you where you can find like-minded people.

IOW, PLEASE TAKE YOUR POLITICAL BS ELSEWHERE!!

• 11 months later...

Random thoughts on this forum are random thoughts about the CT and flying.

Wm, 

I'm not sure that is the case. Politics has always been a contentious issue its true.  The continum that led to Random Thoughts and this whole site goes back almost 10 years.  The genesis occurred on a sporttalk thread where we were discussing how CT conversations dominated and we decided a CT forum was the answer.  

Roger Fane, Roger Heller and myself decided to make it happen and Roger Heller immediately said he had it covered and the 1st CT flyer forum was begun.

After a period of time I had a 'Hangar Talk' forum added and I posted a letter from the then Israeli premiere.  It was a matter of hours or days before the idea of a 'hangar talk' forum was rethought and killed.

The original forum was replaced with this one and the cast of characters has real continuity yet the issue of free speech vs controlled content continues. Interesting is the point of  contention that caused this site to exist and take over the role of ct owner / flier forum is controlled content.

Pilots are an interesting slice of our collective consciousness and I prefer if you don't deny me access to this knowledge base.  :) 

One more suspended today and one banned last week. Pretty soon we may be back to civil grown ups.

Maybe 2 more to go.

Debate all you want, but keep it civil and leave the profanity and personal attacks out.

3-4 people are chasing other forum members away and make them afraid to post.

Don't turn into the very person you are complaining about.

We are about aircraft, engines.,LSA, ect...

Take the politics somewhere else since it seems to bring out everyone's evil twin.

Archived