Sport Expo, Sebring 14-17 Jan 20

Jim Meade

Anyone going to be at the Expo in Sebring this winter?

Depending on what happens to the 3rd class medical rule, I might be interested in the Groppo Trial, a metal, tandem, tailwheel that I would use to replace my Aeronca Champ.

It's a bit of a trip, but I could fly it in one day or at most two. I've flown Iowa to Florida twice, once to an Expo several years ago.

http://sportaviationexpo.com/

Anyone going to be at the Expo in Sebring this winter?

Depending on what happens to the 3rd class medical rule, I might be interested in the Groppo Trial, a metal, tandem, tailwheel that I would use to replace my Aeronca Champ.

It's a bit of a trip, but I could fly it in one day or at most two. I've flown Iowa to Florida twice, once to an Expo several years ago.

http://sportaviationexpo.com/

I have been going for 2 years, depending on the weather, I drive from Tampa, hope I can fly there this time.

Cheers

I'll try real hard to make it. After all it's a 30 minute flight  :D and lunch at the cafe is worth the trip.

I've been the past 2 years. My impression, shared by 2 others I met there last year, is that the number of vendors had decreased noticeably from 2012. Static displays were fairly numerous but not many other toys to play with. 

If you're going to see something(s) in particular I'd suggest confirming their attendance.

Karen and I may stop by for a day, but we'll be driving in as part of relocating our travel trailer to nearby Lake Placid.

As our plans firm up, maybe we can coordinate a meet.

Sounds like a great idea, I'm based at KLAL hangar 74, be glad to meet anyone comming down or up as the case may be .

Cheers.

I'm going down from PA for the event. I'll be at the Sport Air display.

My second time there. This time flying in.

Anyone interested in doing an XC to San Diego from Sebring, please let me know. I plan on staying in SD for approx a week to 10 days. I have the southern route mapped out with fuel stops and overnight stays.

E-mail in the members profile section

Cell # 570-242-0256 for Sebring get together

I am planning to go. I have flown in the last three years and I have not had any trouble at all. Line up behind any other inbound traffic over Lake Jackson and plan to fly over the middle of the airport and keep your pattern east of the field. All three times were right traffic for what is now runway 1. I never really got close to any other traffic. Certainly not the wild west in my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there still rooms available across the way from the track? Could make the trip from Wyoming, sounds fun. It's been a few years.

My guess would be, not anymore.  But you'll need to call to verify.  They block off rooms just for this event and the online reservation system will show no availability even if there are rooms left.  

And just in case anyone wondered, Trutrak will be there!

Archived