Good Quote

Doug G.

I thought this was great - from Ian Twombly in the latest issue of Flight Training magazine. "I've come to believe there's a direct inverse relationship between how sure someone is of something and how likely it is he is correct."

He goes on to quote Confucius - "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

Similarly a phenomenon that happens on forums all the time this one included by one who shall remain nameless (name changes all the time anyways).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

—David Dunning

I thought this was great - from Ian Twombly in the latest issue of Flight Training magazine. "I've come to believe there's a direct inverse relationship between how sure someone is of something and how likely it is he is correct."

He goes on to quote Confucius - "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

"I've come to believe, people will believe those things that agree with their preconceived notions"   quote by "me".

PS. "Everybody has a right to their opinions, but not to their Facts".By somebody on TV. whose name escapes me now.

Cheers

"Everybody has a right to their opinions, but not to their Facts".By somebody on TV. whose name escapes me now.

Cheers

"CT, regarding bicycle helmets, you are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts. "

http://ctflier.com/index.php?/topic/3050-brs-safety-alert/?hl=%2Bopinions+%2Bfacts#entry39735

post # 20

From 17 Nov 2014, by Fred G, a contributor on this forum.

Archived