Dynon Skyview 11.1 update

I received an email today from Dave Armando (Flight Design - director of maintenance) and he said Skyview version 11.1 would be released by the end of the month for us to use in our CT's.

The actual quote from his email: "The newest version 11.1 will be out by the end of the month and the Beta tests have solved alot of issues and will provide greater access to settings for you"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an email today from Dave Armando (Flight Design - director of maintenance) and he said Skyview version 11.1 would be released by the end of the month for us to use in our CT's.

The actual quote from his email: "The newest version 11.1 will be out by the end of the month and the Beta tests have solved alot of issues and will provide greater access to settings for you"

Odd, no email received here.  Not distributed owner base wide? 

11 is supposed to have:

• A pilot-selectable wide field of view mode for synthetic vision.
  • Color-coded airport weather icons on the map when equipped with an SV-ADSB-470 module.
  • The ability to synchronize the altimeter setting to the nearest station’s METAR report (requires SV-ADSB-470).
  • Support for third-party 8.33 kHz COM radios. Supported radios include the f.u.n.k.e. ATR833, Garmin GTR 225 & GNC 255, and Trig TY91/92.
  • Decluttering of airspaces outside of a pilot-specified altitude band above and below the aircraft.

10 had:

• The ability to filter the nearest airport list by runway length, surface, and airport type

• ADS-B winds aloft forecasts

• Altitude Intercept Arc shows a cyan arc projected at the place on the map that the aircraft will intercept the altitude bug based on the current climb/descent rate

• Flight plans from ARINC-429 IFR GPS navigators such as the GNS and GTN series can be displayed on SkyView’s map (including holds and other procedure turns) and SkyView’s flight plan display

• Vertical Speed Required info item on the map and VSI tape gives the pilot quick insight about the descent rate needed to reach an adjustable point above/before the destination

• Engine instruments can now be livened up with new color options, including blue, white, violet, cyan, and orange

Enhanced charts, alerts and fuel usage alarms.

Faster EXPERT autopilot commands.

Sharper Synthetic Vision drawing

http://www.dynonavionics.com/docs/news_technology_preview.html

• 3 weeks later...

In Germany, the 11.1 Version is approved by flight design for LSA.

It is already installed in my plane. :-)

Is it the "off the shelf" version of 11.1 from Dynon or a "messaged" version from FD?

As of this posting, the only version available on the FD site is still 6.2.

As stated before, Dynon just released version 12.0 to all other users.

11.1 will be a leap for US customers, but still behind real time update.

This version was installed from FD itself together with Skyview Touch.

Therefore it is the offical version.

Is it the "off the shelf" version of 11.1 from Dynon or a "messaged" version from FD?
As of this posting, the only version available on the FD site is still 6.2.

As stated before, Dynon just released version 12.0 to all other users.
11.1 will be a leap for US customers, but still behind real time update.

This version was installed from FD itself together with Skyview Touch.

Therefore it is the offical version.

No.  FD USA has not okay'd loading this version for older Dynon Skyviews.    We customers in the USA are waiting for the email notification from the company and the new version loaded onto the FD USA website for downloading. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just curious, does anyone know the reason why FDUSA controls the release of SKYVIEW software updates and doesn't go with the DYNON releases when and as issued?

I fly an '08 CTLS that the original owner had converted from original 100/120s to SV700s a year after purchase and SKYVIEW came available. The plane has legally flown for 600 hrs since without issues with current SKYVIEW software updated from the DYNON website as released.

I've never understood the reason for flying without the most current upgrades available. There must be a reason but can't FD somehow fix it?

Short answer is ASTM standards under which LSA operate here in the US.. Changes and alterations of aircraft operating systems and functions have to be approved by the MFG which needs to have some testing with that operating system. It can't be just a stroke of the pen or just a verbal go ahead. Needs documentation to show the authorities.  The reason early on with the old Dynon's that we all used to update when we wanted was nobody knew the extent of the standards. Now they do.

I have 12.2 in my Vans RV-12 and Vans review the update for items particular to their planes. I think FD is probably doing the same thing, maybe not as fast.

Just installed the WiFi adapter which works very well with fore flight on iPad to offer new options, pretty cool.

I have 12.2 in my Vans RV-12 and Vans review the update for items particular to their planes. I think FD is probably doing the same thing, maybe not as fast.

Just installed the WiFi adapter which works very well with fore flight on iPad to offer new options, pretty cool.

I really wish my D-100 would do the WiFi trick, that is pretty slick.  

Archived