30°- 40° landings - dropping a wing

Ed Cesnalis

Look at the 17 second mark and you can see the CT pointed at the camera yet it tracks down the runway.  If the wheel isn't going where  it is pointed it must be skidding.

I suspect it's not on the ground yet at 17 seconds - touchdown at 19 - ?

I had a chance to go flying yesterday. The winds were variable, so I figured a good time to play with recording one-wheel landings with a tail-mounted GoPro on my Sky Arrow.

Hardly a "Drunken Cub" routine. More like a "Slightly Inebriated Sky Arrow"!

I had a chance to go flying yesterday. The winds were variable, so I figured a good time to play with recording one-wheel landings with a tail-mounted GoPro on my Sky Arrow.

Hardly a "Drunken Cub" routine. More like a "Slightly Inebriated Sky Arrow"!

Thanks Eddie, that was a hoot! . . . :)

Never heard the term "tyre-walking", so it's hard to say

No, each tire (or tyre!) seems to track well while it's on the ground.

I know it's been suggested they must be "skidding". I'm thinking its more a tire (or tyre) doing one of its jobs - resisting side loads with minimal drama or slipping, via traction with the runway surface.

I got my reservation in early when the hangars got built, and was lucky to get that end hangar.

Another big advantage is the extra space it has, not needing a second "notch" cut out for what would normally be the hangar on the other side.

Just barely gives us room to back "Campy", our travel trailer, in for winter storage, still leaving just enough room to angle the Sky Arrow in:

13559464943_b5e5b2a01e_c.jpg

13559417325_aecf3cafd8_c.jpg

Probably need a "Bikes" forum to avoid too much of a derail.

Still, today's mount, a 1999 BMW K1200RS I've modified to my tastes:

15854263204_5a7488a77f_c.jpg

Friends on a Yamaha FJR1300 and an Aprila Futura.

Did the run up 19 over Blood Mountain to Blairsville, where the photo was taken. Before that, GA60, that I live off of, down to Suches. Roads like that were the main driver of my move to this area.

Sorry, not up on what Eric Buell is doing today. Still the man is a genius and several of his innovations can be seen on other brands today.

Archived