Posting pictures

Rich

Good afternoon,

I posted in the "Forum Upgrade" section but no reply as yet.

I had wanted to post some pix's of a current trip but when trying I got a message that no more pix's were allowed to my pix's album.

I used 4MB so far and according to the rules we're allowed 19MB.

There are 20 pix's in the album to date. Am I missing something important about posting pictures?

TIA

Rich

I don't think I've ever posted photos to the site's album.

Easiest way is to post them to Flickr (which I use) or Picasa or whatever. Flickr is free, and I think Picasa is as well. Then grab the link to the photo and just paste it between "img" tags.

I did a video once - I'll add it once I find it.

Here it is:

Be advised, periodically these service mess around with their sites, so its possible some of the details are slightly off from when I video's this a year ago.

OK - just watched it. A lot of the first steps were just about grabbing a screen shot and getting into Flickr via iPhoto on a Mac. If you're not on a Mac, its still easy to upload into Flickr from their site. Also, their site has changed a bit but there's still a fairly straightforward way to grab the image link from within Flickr. I may need to do an updated video.

Sounds complicated, but once you have the "flow" down, just takes a minute or two.

No idea. Just suggesting a universal way to "park" the photos online, where they can then be inserted into any forum.

The site may just be limiting total storage by any given member.

This is what the link looks like inserted into a message (click to make it more legible):

16244629409_7984cb0925_c.jpg

And the end result, which I thought was cute but aggravating autofill:

15734292113_dfde177053_c.jpg

Eddie,

Thanks for the info. I had Picasso before my computer got hacked last year and never rejoined.

Looks like only 20 pix's per album can be posted in the Gallery section of the Forum.

I'll remove pix's from the trip last year and post the new in a few days.

Thanks again for your replies,

Rich

Posting directly to the forum can obviously be done, but can be problematic. The main problem is space. We pay for a certain level of service that includes a certain number of simultaneous users and space. No matter how much space we have, it will never be enough, especially considering the size of picture files these days. Many users don't know how to resize. Forget videos.

Posting a pic (or video) to a website and linking to it solves many problems and works well.

CT,

I tried to post another pix today to see if it would work.

Not allowed.

It seems that 20 pix is the max and that is no problem. The previous photos were of an earlier trip.

Those were deleted and the new trip pix's posted.

20 pix is plenty to post. I was just wondering why, at the bottom of the "browse and Upload" section, it stated that 19MB were allowed. May be it means 19MB for the total of all member's pictures. That seems logical.

Rich

Archived