Manual flap operation on CTSW 2005

terjekolaas

We are experiencing flap problems with our CTSW 2005. To be on the safe side we`d like to test out the manual flap operation as described in the handbook. 

Is the manual flap option also possible with the 2005 edition? We`re so afraid of breaking the switch that we have not dared to force it into the 180 degrees position. It feels like we`re going to destroy it... Do you really have to use force to turn it to the correct position, or is it suppose to turn smooth all the way? 

I believe at least some of the Does/Doesn't issue comes from the way the switch is installed.  On the back of the switch, there is a keyed "washer" that sticks in one of many labeled holes.  The functionality of the switch varies somewhat depending on what hole it's lined-up with.  There are several holes, and it would be very easy to put the rotary switch back in wrong, or even install it in the wrong hole to begin with.

OK, it started in 2006 then stopped at a later date in CTLS models. Or, maybe just some later CTLS models depending on switch installation?

Last winter when I visited a friend in Camp Verde, AZ, we stopped at a hangar with a CTLS, or CTLSi, in it. Belongs to Duane Jeffs, AKA DocRon. Somehow we got on the subject of manual flap operation. That plane doesn't have it.

So, when did FD stop making it functional? Or is it just pot luck depending on installation?

Just curious.

DocRon is not Duane Jeffs. DocRon lives at Camp Verde, but does not have a CTLSi

OK, I'm confused. It was definitely Camp Verde, for sure last winter. It was either a CTLS or CTLSi. Fairly new and for sure not an SW.

Am fairly certain he said he was DocRon. For some reason I thought that was Duane. Apparently not.

So, what was in DocRon's hangar? And who owned it? How bad was my senior moment?

OK, I'm confused. It was definitely Camp Verde, for sure last winter. It was either a CTLS or CTLSi. Fairly new and for sure not an SW.

Am fairly certain he said he was DocRon. For some reason I thought that was Duane. Apparently not.

So, what was in DocRon's hangar? And who owned it? How bad was my senior moment?

John,  I saw you last winter in Tucson.

Archived