$350K LSA?

gbigs

With nearly seven hours of flight endurance and a stall speed of 48 knots, Seeker Aircraft America brings the pusher to the USA. Projected price is  $350,000.

post-940-0-52219800-1424299009_thumb.jpg

Would hate to crash in that thing not much protection???

I've thought about that in my Sky Arrow - which looks somewhat similar in configuration. Precious little structure in front of me, and just the canopy above.

Then again, part of the "structure" a tractor plane has in front of the pilot is the engine, with its associated systems. On the plus side is the mass. Yay! On the minus side is maybe ending up with and engine rammed back into your lap with the possibility of oil and gas and who-knows-what coming along with it. Boo! My engine is nicely out of sight and out of mind way behind me.

But I honestly don't spend much time worrying about that sort of thing.

At one time, there was an American Patriot LSA that looked very similar to this Seeker aircraft and interested me.  Don't think it was ever produced.

Eddie, how about Newton's 1st law?  That pusher 912 ULS will need to go somewhere should the rubber meet the road.  Although I realize this, there's something about a high wing pusher that has always appealed to me.  I like the design of your plane.  I put a deposit on a RANS S-12s  but cancelled this when I ran across an add for the CTSW and ended up buying my CT.  Still would like to have a S-12s with floats to play with on the lakes.

Any collision that puts a tractor engine in your lap or a pusher engine in the back of your head is not likely to be one you walk away from anyway.  I'd say pick the configuration that appeals to you and forget about it.  There is an impact type out there that will kill you in anything you choose.

BTW, I like unusual airplanes, and I think the Seeker looks like a dandy.  Not for $350k maybe, but a neat airplane.  Really good for pipeline or survey work with all that glass up front.  

I'm thinking one of these instead.

http://raptor-aircraft.com/specifications.html

An absolutely amazing too good to be true idea...wow, what a revolutionary plane this is...but they are not a company and way behind the venture capital curve.

Are you seriously going to put down the refundable deposit?  If so, let me know...I still haven't made my final decision on the Cirrus...and of course this plane puts the Cirrus to serious shame...

An absolutely amazing too good to be true idea...wow, what a revolutionary plane this is...but they are not a company and way behind the venture capital curve.

Are you seriously going to put down the refundable deposit?  If so, let me know...I still haven't made my final decision on the Cirrus...and of course this plane puts the Cirrus to serious shame...

IF this ever comes to market it will initially be an E-AB. Are you prepared for the time that will take? And, it would be amazing if their stated price will hold.

Cool concept though.

IF this ever comes to market it will initially be an E-AB. Are you prepared for the time that will take? And, it would be amazing if their stated price will hold.

Cool concept though.

You mean wait 18 months for an experimental pressurized, FADEC, 280ktas cruise, 1800lb useful load, constantly running hot-air deicing system, reversable 5-blade carbon prop, 4000 mi range, 4-5 seater with Garmin G3x/GTN 750, adjustable rudder pedals, dual throttle, ABS brakes, 62 inch wide cockpit, Jet-A 11gph burn (max cruise), BRS for $150k?     

The biggest problem of course is the RISK that the product is made at all...remember the ICON. 

The Sonex jet is cool, but really just a toy.  It's $100K+, and flies at 250mph, for about 1 hour plus VFR reserves.  In that one hour you burn 32 gallons of Jet-A.  One seat, no baggage.  Close to a little mini-fighter if that is what you want, but it doesn't really have any utility.

Like I tell my kids, "If it sounds to good to be true, It probably is!"  I think I will just put $3k more towards my Long ez project!

Like I tell my kids, "If it sounds to good to be true, It probably is!"  I think I will just put $3k more towards my Long ez project!

I emailed one of the founders and had a little chat with him.  He owes me a set of answers to some directed questions about their progress and their depositors.  We will see if he answers.  Maybe the Chinese will buy their designs...they have money to burn...

Archived