Anyone see any airliners apournd here?

AZAV8OR

So that's what the alert was all about. I think they are still looking for you.

We're you listening to Freq. 123.00? Being such a nice day they usually jump almost every day and you flew right over their jump landing site. No jumpers, then you were good to go.

p.s.
Just kidding about the alert, but there usually are jumpers and they warn people out of the area when jumping on 123.05.
Lots of helicopters in low flight there to since that's the Army National Guard helicopter traning facility.

I spent about 30-40 hrs. of Cobra helicopter sim time at Pinal. They do a lot of special Ops training there with some very elit government groups including foreign special Ops.

We're you listening to Freq. 123.00? Being such a nice day they usually jump almost every day and you flew right over their jump landing site. No jumpers, then you were good to go.

p.s.

Just kidding about the alert, but there usually are jumpers and they warn people out of the area when jumping on 123.00.

Lots of helicopters in low flight there to since that's the Army National Guard helicopter traning facility.

I spent about 30-40 hrs. of Cobra helicopter sim time at Pinal. They do a lot of special Ops training there with some very elit government groups including foreign special Ops.

I did wonder about the two Vipers "hanging" on my wingtips...

I was listening to Pinal's common - 123.05. The Army flies out of there and has their own VHF freq? WTF?

BTW, I'm thinking about calling the FSDO to suggest a traffic circle around the helo strips just N of PInal. The sectional shows it, but it's like an afterthought the way it's depicted.

:D

p.s.

Just kidding about the alert, but there usually are jumpers and they warn people out of the area when jumping on 123.00.

And, thanks for the warning! I kept up a steady stream of position/intention reports, but if they're not listening to the CTAF...

Archived