912is Wiring Presentation

Roger Lee

I have had this for a year or two and thought I would post it for those that are interested. It is a Power Point presentation on the 912is and the two onboard computers. Lane A & Lane B and what they do.

Thanks!

On my "to do" list to check it out.

I have confirmed it will open on my Mac with Office installed.

I have had this for a year or two and thought I would post it for those that are interested. It is a Power Point presentation on the 912is and the two onboard computers. Lane A & Lane B and what they do.

Thanks for posting those Roger.

Incidently, just got back from Sun 'n Fun and the Brestell on display was equipped with the Rotax 912is engine.

The whole setup was awesome. From my perspective, as well as many other LSA owners I shared with, we thought the Bristell was the best of the new bunch. It is a beautiful little airplane.

Even though I fly a CT, I must admit, I am biased towards low-wing airplanes. To me, they just look better.

That withstanding, the conversation soon came back to . . . allowable payload. That's were our little CTSW's really shine. Now, if they would raise the LSA-SEL weight limit to 1500 lbs., that would be a whole different ballgame. Don't think we will ever see it though.

If it's good enough for LSA seaplanes, why not SEL?

Thanks for posting those Roger.

Incidently, just got back from Sun 'n Fun and the Brestell on display was equipped with the Rotax 912is engine.

The whole setup was awesome. From my perspective, as well as many other LSA owners I shared with, we thought the Bristell was the best of the new bunch. It is a beautiful little airplane.

Even though I fly a CT, I must admit, I am biased towards low-wing airplanes. To me, they just look better.

That withstanding, the conversation soon came back to . . . allowable payload. That's were our little CTSW's really shine. Now, if they would raise the LSA-SEL weight limit to 1500 lbs., that would be a whole different ballgame. Don't think we will ever see it though.

If it's good enough for LSA seaplanes, why not SEL?

You hated the 912iS when FD brought it first....what's changed?

Bill,

Somewhere in the recesses of my brain I seem to remember that one of the reasons for an increased gross weight on planes with floats is because the floats themselves create some lift.

My wing preference is for high wing.  Probably because of where I flew most of my life. Low wing float planes, for example, don't work well in the bush.

I don't know why people have a preference for low wing or high wing. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Bob, I think the sandpiper hit the nail on the head.

Of the 44 years I have flown, with the exception of my CT, all of my fixed-wing time has been in low-wing airplanes.

That withstanding, my little CT flies just fine.  It's a little squirrel and I am having a blast with it.

Reminds me of a small European sports car I once owned. . . :)

I, too, was enamored by the Bristell.

Especially the taildragger version:

16289374245_3dd1684220_z.jpg

If I ordered one, it would be close to bare bones. One glass panel is fine, thank you. I'd probably opt against the injected ROTAX, for lighter weight, less complexity and ease of owner maintenance.

When I asked if one could be delivered E-LSA, the salesman told me they were all delivered that way, in case that makes a difference.

Before pulling the trigger, I'd really want to investigate the stability of the company. I know very little about it.

Oh, and though I currently own a high wing, and have owned three before, I have a slight preference for low wings.

Archived