letting the smoke out

samifer

Didn't the guys flying in Alaska have a "no start" that was caused by the fuel shutoff rod that runs to the fuel valve rubbing on the ignition/start wires?

Dick nice of you to remember our issue in Alaska last July.  Check on youtube for better lava pictures than I have made personally.  US Park Service has allowed the tour operatrors to get close ups video where us regular guys and gals must honor the 4000 agl  TFR

Farmer

Couldn't help but remember it.  Most of us got involved on your adventure, tuning in daily to see if you were going to have to box up your CT and get it shipped home while you flew home on a commercial flight or if you would be able to fix the problem.  Glad that you finally got things sorted out and were able to continue your flight.  I'll check out the pyrotechnics on the mountains.

• 1 month later...

Well the ignition was fried picked one up for 400$ in stalled and sure enough the prop controler is toast! Now I'm looking for one of those .... it's a flybox mod# RP1-P if anyone knows how to get one quick I would sure appreciate the help

Archived