Main Tire cracked

Linden1

Found this cracked main tire at my last pre-flight. (Aero Classics 400-6ply). Only 20 hours since new and not that many landings. You can see the rubber points from the mold. There are no bulges in the tire. So tire failure or do I have amnesia about a hard landing?

On a separate note have looked all over for the 4-prong tool for the Marc wheel nut. Flight Design no help.

I will pay a good price if anyone has one, or I guess its Italy. My 2008 CTLS was delivered without one. I don't like the hammer and punch method. I have fixed a flat in a pinch with the wheel on but not optimal.

Thanks

post-998-0-90806600-1433539591_thumb.jpg

post-998-0-66275000-1433539610_thumb.jpg

post-998-0-19283800-1433539785_thumb.jpg

Are any cords exposed? If not, the tire is still useable. Sometimes a tire will split. The purpose of the rubber is to protect and align the cords, which is where the strength is. It is junk if ANY cords are showing in a sidewall.

I have the marc tools that I have kept from conversions. I just ask for $5 + shipping

Are any cords exposed? If not, the tire is still useable. Sometimes a tire will split. The purpose of the rubber is to protect and align the cords, which is where the strength is. It is junk if ANY cords are showing in a sidewall.

I have the marc tools that I have kept from conversions. I just ask for $5 + shipping

Corey you are a Saint! I will contact you.

No cords showing, Maybe 1/16" deep although I don't want to chance it.

Roger, I have kept psi at 28 per FD manual. Thanks for the lead at Desser.

I had a pair do that, and they were from the same batch. Along with the split the was a bump in the sidewall of the tire. I contacted Desser and they issued a pick up tag for the tires to bring them back for inspection. It turned out to be a manufacturing defect, and they replaced the tires. No problems with any of the tires since.

Archived