Bad functioning Autopilot disconnect switch

Matt

Hi,

I have a CTLS with Dynon SV-D1000 and Autopilot installed as delivered by the factory.

The Autopilot disconnect switch on the control column next to the microphone switch seems to be broken and most of the time the indication is that the button has a pressed state. This state seems to change when pressing it or sometimes when just pressing on the grip next to it or when moving the stick. (In the Dynon Installation Manual this switch is also referenced as "Pilot-accessible Disengage/CWS button (Normally open, momentarily). Usually mounted to the stick)

I believe it is a "sticky button" and needs to be inspected / repaired or replaced.

Question: Is there a manual that explains how the switch can be removed from the stick and replaced? Does anyone know how to remove it appropriately. I can then provide the experienced instruction to my mechanic.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Matt

Thank you. I think the problem is right near the top of the stick. I can push on the button's surrounds and it changes the "pushed - not pushed" status. Have you taken the grip off the stick before to look at the wiring? With mine it looks like I have to cut into the leather to undo the screw and then presumably I'll have to slide the grip off upwards assuming the wires are long enough to accomodate it.. Is there a method you are aware of?

Hi Matt.  Believe Andy's right.  It's a friction fit.  I've had my mic button out a few years ago and recall this being a plastic body with threads and the threads only provide a frictional fit to the hole in the top of the stick .  The A/P button is the same.  Should be able to gently pull it out from the stick.  Might try unscrewing it a few turns but this will twist the wires that run down thru the stick and these will only take so many tuns before they break solder connections at the button.  I'm sure there are those here on the forum who probably have a more definite answer than I've provided.

This worked. I pulled out the switch with pliers carefully. Thank you again. The two earth wires were touching inside the switch. I positioned them slightly apart and put it back. Hope it stays set.

Archived