C4 Delayed Again

Thank you for the update.  I am now in two races with a moving finish line:  the Terrafugia Transition car plane (slot #9) and the C4 (slot #99).  Anytime I am asked about my expected delivery, my answer is a consistent "2 years".  The answer hasn't changed for years!

• 1 year later...

Gosh, we sure like the C4, but does not look like anything is going to be delivered any time soon.  Bankrupt and re-organized companies tend to focus on existing products with cash flow, correct?  And certification is a huge cash outlay and can take years and years. 

Has anyone heard of any possibility of a kit for the C4? Will the factory or anyone else sell parts?  Anyone heard of such a thing, maybe the factory allowing people to complete the airframe as experimental, or maybe some other entity taking the design as a kit?

Given the years needed to certify, it sure would be faster to be able to assemble ourselves.  

Gosh, we sure like the C4, but does not look like anything is going to be delivered any time soon.  Bankrupt and re-organized companies tend to focus on existing products with cash flow, correct?  And certification is a huge cash outlay and can take years and years. 

Has anyone heard of any possibility of a kit for the C4? Will the factory or anyone else sell parts?  Anyone heard of such a thing, maybe the factory allowing people to complete the airframe as experimental, or maybe some other entity taking the design as a kit?

Given the years needed to certify, it sure would be faster to be able to assemble ourselves.  

FD & Aerojones are back in business delivering planes.  The C4 was flying so no doubt it will be put back on the reformed Part 23 certification track as it was always planned.    http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2016-12-15/faas-part-23-rewrite-ready-release

Archived