When does the clock start on hose replacement?

John Vance

I am buying a 2010 CTLS this month.  This airplane has a manufacture date of September 2012, which means the hose replacement is due very soon.  I'm just not sure HOW soon.  Is it due 5 years after the Mfr. date, or 5 years after delivery of the aircraft to the first customer?  I haven't run across anything from FD that addresses this, and it would be nice to see this somewhere in writing.  This same question could also relate to the effectivity date for any calendar-driven first-time event such as wing-root inspection, fuel pump, overhaul, etc.  It would be nice if I had a little more time.

Thanks

John

Thanks for your responses.  The airframe logbook has an entry by Airtime Aviation noting the date of the airworthiness certificate, which was exactly 3 months after the date of manufacture (December 10, 2010).  A concurrent log entry by a DAR states that the next annual would be due December 31, 2011 or 102.5 hours.  Two and a half hours of operation had been used in initial flight testing of the aircraft by that time.  So it appears that, at least from that DAR's point of view, the calendar starts when the AC is issued and the new owner is also granted that 2.5 hours for his use.  So if, as Roger said, nobody's going to go nuts one way or the other, I'll probably just use December 31 since the documentation on hand appears to support it.  I was unable to find anything contradicting that in either the FD or Rotax Maintenance Manuals.

Thanks

John

Thanks for your responses.  The airframe logbook has an entry by Airtime Aviation noting the date of the airworthiness certificate, which was exactly 3 months after the date of manufacture (December 10, 2010).  A concurrent log entry by a DAR states that the next annual would be due December 31, 2011 or 102.5 hours.  Two and a half hours of operation had been used in initial flight testing of the aircraft by that time.  So it appears that, at least from that DAR's point of view, the calendar starts when the AC is issued and the new owner is also granted that 2.5 hours for his use.  So if, as Roger said, nobody's going to go nuts one way or the other, I'll probably just use December 31 since the documentation on hand appears to support it.  I was unable to find anything contradicting that in either the FD or Rotax Maintenance Manuals.

Thanks

John

That is the date I have been told to use. IMO unless there is a big gap between the two I see no problem with using that date. The parachute is a little different, because it has a hard date attached to the unit that says when it expires.

That is the date I have been told to use. IMO unless there is a big gap between the two I see no problem with using that date. The parachute is a little different, because it has a hard date attached to the unit that says when it expires.

Thanks for that information- I didn't know that about the parachute.  I don't know that date yet, but I'll be prepared to have it come due a little earlier than I had hoped.  

John

"The airframe logbook has an entry by Airtime Aviation noting the date of the airworthiness certificate, which was exactly 3 months after the date of manufacture (December 10, 2010).  A concurrent log entry by a DAR states that the next annual would be due December 31, 2011 or 102.5 hours. "

This is why it really only needs to be in the ballpark. many owners have changed their original annual dates several times. They had to draw a line in the sand someplace, but a few months either way isn't physically going to make a big deal. 

This is the number most will hang their hat on. Just for info: Rotax starts their warranty when the owner receives his engine and not while it sits at a distributor.

Hi John.  Haven't been looking at the Forum for a few days and see your post.  I'm glad that things worked out for your purchase and happy to see another CT owner in our area!

Hi Dick - I should be picking up the airplane late next week, if all goes well.  Hope to see you soon!

Archived