Little flight around Oahu

Duane Jefts

Stopped by Honolulu for a few days to update n413f and we took a little flight around Oahu.

Pictures are of Punch Bowl National Cemetery, Diamond Head Crater, some North shore mountains and surf, some of the farmers farm.

Pretty bumpy in the vicinity of the mountains.  Wind typically NE at 15 but yesterday closer to 20-25.  North shore over the water perfectly smooth.

Note the approach to 4R is directly over the main runways at Honolulu Intl.  The big guys are taking off and landing right under you.  A very entertaining perspective. post-648-0-02591300-1447206966_thumb.jpg

post-648-0-39300100-1447206986_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-75251000-1447206999_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-15697500-1447207015_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-84521300-1447207032_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-88113400-1447207060_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-20635100-1447207084_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-67474600-1447207108_thumb.jpg

Duane, thanks for getting vicki and i in touch with larry we are flying out to see him in January...cant wait

looks like you have already given me a preview!

mack brame

Have fun out there.  Just getting back to Tucson this evening.  Ours was a quick flight and the visability and winds were not the best, but even with bad conditions, it's nice.

Beautiful pictures, I'd love to fly around Hawaii someday.

Andy it was good flying with you at Paige I'm glad you and Bill and the other folks from the east, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Ohio were willing to make that long trip. It adds to the event that Roger Tim and others have worked so hard to create.

The welcome mat is open in Hawaii whether you're going to take a vacation or just plan pass through for a stop over we love to have guests. This goes for our friends, acquaintance and those friends we have not yet met . If we are on island we will entertain and we will go flying around the islands . Mondays Circle Island Oahu trip takes a little over an hour. We saw a P3 Orion landing at the Marine base several CH 47 from the army base and a mixture of aircraft at the international airport including F-22 raptors and C-17 cargo aircraft . Yes the class B airspace is busy but the FAA provides published VFR approach and departures for us little guys and recognize who we are generally.

We're very happy mack and Vicky will be with us in January and the welcome mat is open now or in the future. The CT forum helps us from a long distance connect with a great group of people .

Farmer

Spelling I'm tuition and grammar are courtesy of Siri

• 1 year later...

Love the pics - my wife Hollie and I have been the Hawaii twice in the last 3 months and am thinking about retiring there. The only issue was -- how do I get my CT there. Maybe you can share your experience on that.

Thank you.

John.

Love the pics - my wife Hollie and I have been the Hawaii twice in the last 3 months and am thinking about retiring there. The only issue was -- how do I get my CT there. Maybe you can share your experience on that.

Thank you.

John.

Welcome to November 2015 !

Cheers

John

Farmer here, I live on Oahu, I have two light sport aircraft on island a have been known to receive guest on short notice. There are two CTLS aircraft that I know of in Hawaii. One lives on big island and mine is here on Oahu. We brought both in a single container from west coast some years ago. My second light sport just arrived last week. I would enjoy telling you of the many pitfall and some success stories of how it can be done. Hang onto pocketbook because it will be a ride, but very possible.

farmer

Spelling punctuation and grammar courtesy of Siri

Archived