Too many airplanes not enough hanger space

Farmer

Good idea and nice execution of it.  The hangars where I'm at are about the same height.  This seems to be a standard size for hangars and I've thought someone would add a lift for a 2nd plane. Did you need to reinforce the roof structure to handle the load? 

Good idea and nice execution of it.  The hangars where I'm at are about the same height.  This seems to be a standard size for hangars and I've thought someone would add a lift for a 2nd plane. Did you need to reinforce the roof structure to handle the load? 

It looks to me to just be lifting from the floor. I think what you are seeing is hangers for the lights. It really wouldn't take much to lift a 900-1100 pound airplane.

I know of some people who are using a motorcycle lift modified to raise a airplane off the hangar floor.

Larry, is that the 172 for the South America trip?  If so, from your description I was expecting it to look a little ratty.  That plane looks great!

That's not the plane Andy,  This is a picture of the one we took to Mexico last year and as the farmer describes it ,"his throw away plane". If  someone down south of the border really wants it, we trade for his burro and escape with our lives.post-648-0-83304700-1452612193_thumb.jpgpost-648-0-84295700-1452612230_thumb.jpg  This plane resides in Tucson, AZ.  The 172 you referred to lives in Hawaii.

Archived