NEUFORM 3 blade propeller for sale

Jacques

I think the Neuform has hollow blades where the Warp Drive has solid blades. I think the complexity and cost of making hollow blades would be more.

Scott, was the $2,500 paid directly to Flight Design, or through your local FBO? The more people in the food chain the higher the cost.

I think the Neuform has hollow blades where the Warp Drive has solid blades. I think the complexity and cost of making hollow blades would be more.

Scott, was the $2,500 paid directly to Flight Design, or through your local FBO? The more people in the food chain the higher the cost.

Neuform is carbon fiber over foam.  Not hollow, but very lightweight cream filling.   :D

Neuform is carbon fiber over foam.  Not hollow, but very lightweight cream filling.   :D

I thought I remembered seeing a cross section of a blade and it being hollow. I must have been a different propeller brand.

Any way my point was the process of making the blades are likely different, and more complex for the Neuform.

I had to research it, but Warp Drive advertises "solid composite".

My Sky Arrow equipment list shows an installed weight of 9.7 lbs, with the spinner at .9 lb.

The CTLS POH I downloaded shows an installed weight of 13.59 lbs, possibly including the spinner.

So it might appear that whatever the benefits of a hollow or foam core, weight savings is not guaranteed.

I had to research it, but the Warp Drive advertises "solid composite".

My Sky Arrow equipment list shows an installed weight of 9.7 lbs, with the spinner at .9 lb.

The CTLS POH I downloaded shows an installed weight of 13.59 lbs, possibly including the spinner.

So it might appear that whatever the benefits of a hollow or foam core, weight savings is not guaranteed.

I have felt both, the Warp Drive blades are much heavier.  But the Neuform hub is a solid machined block, I'm guessing that's where the weight is.

The Warp weight more . The Neuform weight is at the root  much less inertia than the Warp. A Warp Drive with nickel protection exxceed the moment inertia for the Rotax 912 gearbox.

http://eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=2010764613001

You don't want a prop strike with a Warp Drive,, it may suffer less damage but the splipper clutch and the prop shaft won't like it.

Warp Drive is a good propeller, but it's an old 'design' (one fits all) while the other propellers are better designed and have different blade design depending of the planned purpose .

http://www.stolspeed.com/id/62  enjoy the reading   

http://www.e-props.fr/16/designA.php

I have felt both, the Warp Drive blades are much heavier. But the Neuform hub is a solid machined block, I'm guessing that's where the weight is.

Could be.

The Warp Drive hub is pretty substantial as well:

FP27022009A00029.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, though.

Please resume your normal programming!

Depending on the year of the CT the Warp is approved because it was an option. You don't need an LOA and just need to file an MAR form.

I had a Warp and did a lot of testing with it alongside the Neuform and Sensenich. The Warp is okay, but the others will out climb it by quite a bit. Because it is solid it is much heavier than a Neuform and should not be used with a Rotax with nickle edges or over 68".

Depending on the year of the CT the Warp is approved because it was an option. You don't need an LOA and just need to file an MAR form.

I had a Warp and did a lot of testing with it alongside the Neuform and Sensenich. The Warp is okay, but the others will out climb it by quite a bit. Because it is solid it is much heavier than a Neuform and should not be used with a Rotax with nickle edges or over 68".

If you look I said it was not approved for his airplane. I know it was used on some CT's early on, but his airplane is a 2010 CTLS.

Archived