What is the farmer up to today .

Farmer

Where is the "Farmer" and what is he up to. These photos were taken today and I'm sure members of this forum will know in a moment where. Logged some time in this new Glassair today in near perfect CAVU FLYING. Life is a joy and we are having more fun than should be legal.

Farmer ☺️????????

Yes I know the photos are upside down please teach me how to turn them over from my iPad

post-530-0-61134400-1457155309_thumb.jpeg

post-530-0-29130100-1457155340_thumb.jpeg

post-530-0-68481100-1457155382_thumb.jpeg

Farmer must be from austrailia.

(it's an internet joke about people in australia being upside down in orientation compared to us in the USA)

Also duane: you somehow converted two of those to thumbnails while rotating them!

ahh   Nez Zealand  .....on my list....one of these days.....

make sure to visit the 'great War Museum'  by Peter Jackson ( Lord of the Ring ++  )

http://www.greatwarexhibition.nz/       http://www.omaka.org.nz/

Yes

To easy with tail letters but that was the plan. Wife and I have been motorhome traveling in New Zealand for about a month. Made contact with a lovely English gentleman named Tim Harrison He is a retired triple seven driver from British airways who moved to New Zealand a few years ago He has been interested and actually selling light sport aircraft here for some time. I was trying to chase down a new CTLSi with 25 hours when I ran into Tim The airdrome NZKF is a sleepy grass strip 30k north of Auckland, NZ.

I ended up flying his new Glassair 2+2, 180 hp fuel injected, IFR equipped beautiful aircraft

Wonderful friendly people here in New Zealand and I recommend to all come talk to the people life is short

Farmer

For such a short stubby surface, it's not going to amount to much. The more gradual the turn, the more spread out the stress concentrations are.

If you look at the underside of the head of a bolt, at least a proper, non crappy one anyways, you will notice it isn't cut with a sharp corner where the grip* meets the head. There is a slight bevel (fillet). It was discovered many many years ago that bolt heads like to snap off without that fillet.

*In aerospace, grip and shank are different things. The shank is the full length of the bolt, the grip is the unthreaded portion.

Sometimes, gusset plates are used to beef up clusters and joints. Other times, a strut is used.

Unfair! I wanted an argument!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

SPZ-012.jpg

Tim

I do not know how you found that picture but that is the aircraft and the hanger that I was at I found the aircraft a little tight inside not as much room as a CT and vision under the wing to my right was difficult however the airplane has many nice features

You can take off the nose wheel then move main gear forward add a tailwheel and cables to turn it into a Taildragger It had a stick for control and a 430 Garmin in the panel along with a Dynon looking 10inch glass PFD

The CTLSi is owned by another airline captin who I did not meet. Same blades but different prop hub and small rotating knob center panel high to control pitch just dial the RPMs you want I was told Aircraft looked as new with only 25 total time in 2 1/2 years

Farmer

Archived