Retrofit Kit trim tab CTSW

Leo

I'm looking for a retrofit kit trim tab for my CTSW. Reason: see Service Bulletin SB-LTUL-CTSW-07.

The manufacturer does not answer, not even through an official importer.( Europa)

I'm desperate to be.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks

I'm looking for a retrofit kit trim tab for my CTSW. Reason: see Service Bulletin SB-LTUL-CTSW-07.
The manufacturer does not answer, not even through an official importer.( Europa)
I'm desperate to be.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks

I don't know if there is a retrofit kit for this fix.  Your best bet might be to talk to Flight Design USA.  They might be able to help you, but if so you'd probably have to send your entire horizontal stab to them, and the shipping would be very expensive.

I was having the trim tab vibration mentioned in that Service Bulletin, at 125-135 knots.  FD USA reinforced my stab and the problem is gone all the way up to Vne.  

Have you actually been having these high speed vibrations?  My understanding is that this only affected a relatively small number of aircraft.  If you are not having issues at the speeds I mentioned, I would not do anything.  If you *are* having this issue, it needs to be resolved.

There might be agreements that prevent FD USA from helping you as a European customer, but I would start with them and see if they can at least point you in the right direction.

Archived