Flight Design reorganization info

CT4ME

I see that Tom Peghiny says I quote   “It’s tough out there right now. We are not selling our LSA’s in anything like the quantities we’d like to."  America may have been getting deliveries but the rest of the world has been waiting up to 3 years and still no delivery, how long would we have had to wait if there had been greater demand 6 years ?

It seems all the emphasis is on the C4, this is what has got the company into trouble in the first place and the core business of the two seater has been forgotten. Again I quote  "That’s why we need to get the funding in place to complete development of the C4.”

I certainly hope they can get their act into gear and start making deliveries that have been long time ordered in the order that they were ordered.

I see that Tom Peghiny says I quote   “It’s tough out there right now. We are not selling our LSA’s in anything like the quantities we’d like to."  America may have been getting deliveries but the rest of the world has been waiting up to 3 years and still no delivery, how long would we have had to wait if there had been greater demand 6 years ?

It seems all the emphasis is on the C4, this is what has got the company into trouble in the first place and the core business of the two seater has been forgotten. Again I quote  "That’s why we need to get the funding in place to complete development of the C4.”

I certainly hope they can get their act into gear and start making deliveries that have been long time ordered in the order that they were ordered.

It is never good to neglect or ignore one's core business for pie in the sky ideas. You get bad publicity that way and then you spiral down. I hope the C4 comes to fruition, properly financed. Waiting 3-4 years for an aircraft you already paid for , is unreasonable and an unwise business practice. Hope this resolves soon. And customers get what they paid for. The only way to get this result is for Flight Design to continue in business with good customer care. Flight Design Germany, has a lot to learn from Flight Design USA.

Cheers

We in the USA are all pulling for Eurpeans to get their planes.  This is good news after all...the company is planning to return.  First order of their business should be to make good on existing customer orders.

I would agree with Gryphon and Ralarcon. When I heard about the C4 development I thought Flight Design must be making so much money on the CT's that they now felt they could afford to develop a Part 23 aircraft with all the expense it entails. Also I was a little peeved that they wanted to go play with Cessna, Piper and Cirrus using the money they made on lowly sport pilots like myself. The idea to go to a 4 seat certified design has been quite trendy lately, with other light sport companies announcing new models. I never got that. The market for 4 seat certified planes is littered with dead bodies, that's one reason light sport was born. Now Tom is saying the C4 development is the way out for Flight Design. Well maybe, I hope so for them. But for me its light sport all the time. My view is FD should look for ways to bring the price tag of a CTLS down out of the stratosphere, not try to build a $273,000 plane for an iffy, unknown market. But hey, its just my opinion and my view is from the bottom looking up at aviation.

Flight Design Germany, has a lot to learn from Flight Design USA.

It seems like the Germans bit off too much and choked, although, in their defence, a <1m Euro unpaid bill would play a big part in that. 

Great to see that they're working it out, though.

I too paid in full for my LS turbo over three years ago. regular promises and lots of lies but no result. I have no faith in anything that comes from management at

FD Germany. The local distributor is trying his best but is almost tearing his hair out in frustration.

DownUnder, click on "CT In The News" header and it will bring up all topics about the FD Germany bankruptcy.  Make sure you take your anti-depressants first though.  We're all hoping that those of you who have paid for but not received your CT's will be first on the list if/when the reorg might come about.

I too paid in full for my LS turbo over three years ago. regular promises and lots of lies but no result. I have no faith in anything that comes from management at

FD Germany. The local distributor is trying his best but is almost tearing his hair out in frustration.

You bought a CTLS with a 914?

I hope you get your aircraft as soon as this mess gets resolved. However I do not know or recall if this has been discussed before, but it sounds really " weird", to all of us customers here in the USA, that you have to pay "full price" for a factory build slot. Business practice very uncommon or acceptable here in the US.

Cheers

we are told that e5000 is required for initial deposit, then e25000 is required when the aeroplane is ready for the engine fitment.

the balance is required when ready for shipment. These payments were all made on request from FD on time on the promise of

delivery in first quarter of 2013. I was misled by a string of lies and more lies including endless updated delivery dates that were never

going to be met. One reason that I believed what I was told is that when I purchased my first CTSW in 2006 it was on time.

I've never heard of such a thing.  It sounds pretty cool.  Does it have a constant speed or in-flight adjustable prop?  What are the specs?

the HL is a LS with the long wings from the pre SW. Mine is fully optioned up with dynon skyview auto pilot constant speed prop garmin 795 leather seats etc.

probably gunna be a bit heavy but design weight is 700 kg (1540lbs) so although limit is still 600 kg it will be ok at max. Of course I would never fly overweight

because that would be illegal. It was designed for towing gliders in hot and high conditions.

I really hope this works out.

There's no fundamental reason that Taiwan cannot produce a quality product for Flight Design.

Still, I think there's a certain panache to things built in Germany and Austria, and Flight Design will really have to bend over backwards that there's not even a perceived loss of quality with the move.

Best of luck to them!

I really hope this works out.

There's no fundamental reason that Taiwan cannot produce a quality product for Flight Design.

Still, I think there's a certain panache to things built in Germany and Austria, and Flight Design will really have to bend over backwards that there's not even a perceived loss of quality with the move.

Best of luck to them!

Taiwan is the world's largest maker of chips.  $120 billion bucks worth per year.  Some brands you might recognize from Taiwan?  ASUS, ACER, D-LINK, Faraday, Foxconn (makes Apple products), Mandarin Airlines, Phalanx Biotek.  Companies founded by a Taiwan national with plants in Taiwan:  Garmin, Newegg, NVIDIA, Ominvision, Trend Micro, Viewsonics, Vizio, Yahoo, Youtube, Zappos

The lack of quality from Ukraine was a bigger issue for FD than the superior stuff that will be coming from Taiwan.

Archived