Soft start modules installed today

procharger

Kind of PITA getting to module plugs and get the extra wire installed on

bottom of plugs, but anyway they seem to be working correctly ruff running

on start for a few seconds then smooth after that. started on second try :D

Saw videos on the sub sonex jet I want to build one.

Here's the thing about the soft start modules most don't know. If you change the modules and the flywheel that has different timing marks then your engine starts at 3 degree ATDC instead or 4 degrees before BTDC. Then the soft start modules hold that 3 degrees ATDC for 3-5 seconds before switching to the normal running of 26 degrees BTDC.

If all you install is the modules unfortunately your engine starts at 4 degrees BTDC like a normal module and just holds it there for those 3-5 seconds before switching to 26 degrees BTDC. Doesn't help a lot, but some. On the older modules they start at 4 BTDC and stay there until the engine gets to around 800-1000 rpm and that's when they switch to the 26 degrees BTDC.

Without the new timed flywheel you lose the benefit of the starting change in the degree change of 4 BTDC to 3 ATDC.

Better than nothing.

p.s.

They don't sell the older modules any longer. Everything is soft start.

Here's the thing about the soft start modules most don't know. If you change the modules and the flywheel that has different timing marks then your engine starts at 3 degree ATDC instead or 4 degrees before BTDC. Then the soft start modules hold that 3 degrees ATDC for 3-5 seconds before switching to the normal running of 26 degrees BTDC.

If all you install is the modules unfortunately your engine starts at 4 degrees BTDC like a normal module and just holds it there for those 3-5 seconds before switching to 26 degrees BTDC. Doesn't help a lot, but some. On the older modules they start at 4 BTDC and stay there until the engine gets to around 800-1000 rpm and that's when they switch to the 26 degrees BTDC.

Without the new timed flywheel you lose the benefit of the starting change in the degree change of 4 BTDC to 3 ATDC.

Better than nothing.

p.s.

They don't sell the older modules any longer. Everything is soft start.

When I installed the new modules, I removed the Bullyhawk and sold it on eBay to help cover the cost of the new modules.

With the limited benefit of the new modules, I wonder if that was a mistake? My Sky Arrow has been starting fine, but not all that softly, considered.

Archived