Bing 64 choke assy.

procharger

They can be on the wrong sides and they are marked with an "R" and an "L". The center punch mark on the end of the shaft should face towards the pipe protrusion coming out of the choke body. Towards air intake side of the carb.

You need a Rotax tech to check your carbs.

Looking at the service instructions about larger starter jet and drilling out the disc,

anyone tried any of this stuff, if I drilled out the disc and keep same jet does that

put in more air when chocked? just looking for a solution to try. Going to replace

floats and check carbs. Friday and replace needles to make sure they are not 

leaking found some flaking on floats. Is flaking a word?

Looking at the service instructions about larger starter jet and drilling out the disc,

anyone tried any of this stuff, if I drilled out the disc and keep same jet does that

put in more air when chocked? just looking for a solution to try. Going to replace

floats and check carbs. Friday and replace needles to make sure they are not 

leaking found some flaking on floats. Is flaking a word?

Do not look and spend money on exotic fixes or perceived problems.  This is a simple fix and you need to find it.

You really need to find a qualified Rotax mechanic. Look at these two websites to help find one. Maybe another Rotax owner can recommend one.

http://rotaxirmt.com/

http://www.rainbowaviation.com/repairman.htm

It is possible that you received bad ignition modules even though that is a long shot. You need to get a plan to diagnose the possible problem. If you bounce around or just throw money at it it could get costly and lengthy.

Do not modify your engine or carbs. that isn't where the problem lies.

First put an ice bag around the modules for 20-30 minutes and try a start. If it cranks up then call your service center and get those replaced and do it through the Rotax Flying & Safety club for a warranty.  Make sure you fill out a CSIR.

I will try ice bag again but after the engine warms up  it starts as  soon as I turn key, every time, yesterday

I tried to start no choke checked plugs no gas on them, didn't start put them in tried a little choke no start

checked plugs no fuel on them, put back in a little more choke about half it started right up, so something

not quite right with choke setup I am guessing,

One float is coming apart thin layer is trying to peel off.

When does the engine give you starting trouble? The first start of the day when it's cold or after it's hot.

Usually the ice trick needs to be done on a cold first start of the day usually. The enricher circuit was really designed to either be on or off.

Hard start first start of day rest of the day its really good had rotax mechanic check it today

we think sprag clutch is failing it will not stay engaged but for a second  even with jumper cables

which helps it turn a little faster. Ice trick didnt help. What is PN for new and improved flywheel

and cost? thanks

Archived