FS: Garmin GNS-530W

highnotes

Out here for sale is a recently updated Garmin 530W with the latest software,the unit comes with the installation kit,

Rack,Connector,Antenna and all.

It's been 3 years since it was updated to WAAS, the unit was removed because I upgraded to another avionic unit.

This Garmin unit is certified and yellow tagged.

Price: $6800

post-1530-0-38268100-1465602326_thumb.jpg

I posted the unit out for sale because anyone can be a friend of a friend who needs a 530w.  Not necessary useful on this forum but I posted it regardless of that fact.

Pardon me if it makes anyone uncomfortable.

It is just that there have been 2 or 3 of these posted up by a new member to the forum in the past couple months. It just seems a little odd, considering the sudden rash of postings. It almost would make a person think it might be a scam.

I posted the unit out for sale because anyone can be a friend of a friend who needs a 530w.  Not necessary useful on this forum but I posted it regardless of that fact.

Pardon me if it makes anyone uncomfortable.

You are fine.  We have people posting on this site that don't own Flight Design aircraft almost daily.  And we discuss general aviation in many threads also.

So, Tom, do you think this is related to the last one that was in here? Only now another shows up with a new user name one day old. Whoever this is their only interest in the group is to sell stuff. Are we becoming Craigslist?

So, Tom, do you think this is related to the last one that was in here? Only now another shows up with a new user name one day old. Whoever this is their only interest in the group is to sell stuff. Are we becoming Craigslist?

Doug I think you are getting my motive all wrong.

Take a chill pill please.

Doug, you said something to the admin, and they took a look at it. Everybody has to have a first post, if the admin didn't have an issue with him I don't either. I don't have an issue with his first post being a ad, even if it is not specifically for a CT.

I in fact own 2 other aircraft besides my CT. In the future I plan to buy a IFR GPS for one of them. I'm not ready to buy now, but if someone were to advertise one on this site when I'm ready to buy I would welcome it.

Probably the reason it bothers me is that I manage Facebook sites for two groups. On one I did not set up there is no administrator so we play whack-a-mole deleting unrelated sales pitches. On the other, if you don't have any observable connection with the area, the people in the group, or the site's topic, you won't be admitted. And, if you advertise unrelated stuff you get booted.

Tom, did you see the previous one. One post by jameshoneycut3 for a very similar unit. The only post they have made. Do you think this should be encouraged?

Yes, I did see the previous listings as I stated in post #5. No, I don't think it should be encouraged. That being said you did your part in reporting it to the Admin, and in my opinion that is where it should have been dropped. This is not the same unit that was listed before, so unless you have some insider information that you didn't share there is no information posted that would indicate that it could not be used in a CT.

I know owners of CT's that do not post here. In fact I know one who is trying to sell his CT. Are you going to jump on him when his only reason for posting is to try and sell his airplane?

I guess I had a different view of what this forum is about. (Things that relate to CTs.)

Most of the forum is GA general...most who post on the site do not own a CT.  Same applies to COPA (the alleged Cirrus Owners site).

I guess I had a different view of what this forum is about. (Things that relate to CTs.)

Doug, I'm curious, how do you know it is 24v and not CT compatible?  The other unit posted was a 430w and it said it was 24v, but the post for this one does not say what voltage it is.

Most of the forum is GA general...most who post on the site do not own a CT.  Same applies to COPA (the alleged Cirrus Owners site).

There are a handful of non CT owners on this site, but to say most who post do not own a CT is a stretch. That is unless you are trying to use a different definition for "most" than a normal person would.

If I may share my opinion, I'm not against for sales posted here on this site. If equipment that isn't for CTs were posted a lot, I would suggest a forum for non-ct equipment.

I was also suspicious about the influx of posts regarding these devices from different users, and reported this post to the admins so that they could have a look to see if these were originating from the same source.

Anyways, as I recommended a couple years ago, check the serial numbers with garmin to see if it's reported stolen, and be cautious about sending deposits without some sort of recourse (escrow or otherwise). Check any yellow tag info too. That should cover most bases!

Would you take that chance, Tom. When it is charging you will be close to 14v but with the engine off it could be considerably lower. I suspect Garmin says 14-28v instead of 12-28v for a reason. They could sell more if it was rated at 12v.

Archived